Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Video: Help me please to finally becoming a winning player

[ QUOTE ]
It is to low. until now i was only valuebetting at partypoker because i was always thinking the call down with everthing.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2007, 05:52 PM

I've watched the video and as a general comment: I don't think being "too tight" preflop is that big a deal (excluding extremly tight players). 15/13 is certainly not optimal for 6-max but I do think 15/13 can play profitably.

One interesting spot I'd like to comment on is the Q8 hand around 00:19. What's up with calling down with top two when the bottom card pairs on the turn? Are you more afraid of him limping preflop and calling your bet on the flop with bottom pair so that the turn beats you now than giving a free river card to 2 opponents on a medium-drawy board? Your later comment that you would've folded to a PSB on the river. Readless that seems a little weak to me. You showed weakness on the turn and a flush draw might try to bet you off an 8. You basically only lose to an unlikely six, pocket eights or an overpair when other queens, lower pocketpairs and flush draws make up most of his range. (limp pf, call on the flop after a bet and a call).

[edit: i just remembered and rewatched the AT hand against a shortstack]
I would've just pushed the flop. Yes, you might've scared him with a push and he might fold midpair or worse but on the other hand any spade might kill your action (or kill your hand). There's nothing wrong with getting it in against a pf limper or taking a small pot down uncontested.
Letting opponents bluff of their stack is something you might want to do with a read, but not against an unknown.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:16 PM

Dont raise Q2 in SB. On the other hand you could raise a pp like 33 in sb with one limper.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:36 PM

In typical uNL everybody is focusing on pf ranges, when in reality that doesn't matter much
Old 09-28-2007, 07:14 PM

Can't see the video. Can you upload it in mpg or wmv formats?
Old 09-29-2007, 01:54 AM

I think you play fine based on this video. Although, don't feel so bad about calling PF once in a while. You seem to have a raise/fold mentality, which I think is a slight problem at $50 NL. Play those suited connectors more often! Against the right opponent, they can rake in some nice pots.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:12 PM

ok, I watched your video. There weren't many big things since the video was short and that's just how the session went.

- At some point you make a comment that you wouldn't call 33 oop for set value...this doesn't make much sense and you shouldn't fold 33 to a standard raise
- You talked about cbetting IP but not oop...I'm more inclined to cbet OOP than IP. This is so people can't take the initiative away from me, and also if i'm in position, I can cbet on the turn if he checks twice.
- Your Q8 two-pair hand is pretty bad. You need to bet the turn and not be so scared. I wouldn't fold to a river bet there, and you said you would.

Repeatedly throughout the video you talked about how you think your biggest leak is in the blinds/preflop...I spoke on this before I even saw the video, and I definitely feel the same way now. The blinds are not your problem. Preflop isn't your problem. In fact, I think some of your raises are too loose preflop (k4o and that kind of garbage, ick). But I'm a nit, so if you wanna do that go ahead.

If you have a problem it's post flop. I'm 99.9999% sure. Concentrate on working on your postflop play and stop thinking that your postflop is great and your preflop is weak.

I couldn't really see enough from the vid to come up with any other comments...gl ;o