Default Re: Beat: My Life

Get off the internet and get some help lurker
Old 08-31-2007, 03:15 AM

2 words to give your life meaning.

Fantasy Football
Old 08-31-2007, 03:16 AM

I type slowly, so given the urgency of this situation, I will split my posting up.

I believe that he is sufffering. That much is real, but I do not believe that he really wants to kill himself.

Most of us know what it's like to be depressed. Many of us have considered suicide at one point or another. Ultimately, for whatever reason, we choose to live.

I gave him my perspective over the phone. I was disconnected by the way. But I think others should come forward with theirs.

I'm 36. When I was 17, I thought long and hard about suicide and am glad now i opted for life.

Suicide is easy. And an option that lasts your whole life.

let's give some support in this thread while i do some research.

Better use for life savings: Go to Vegas, get hookers and blow, and [censored] live, man. At least do some crazy [censored] you didn't think you'd do before making such an irreversible decision based on incomplete information. That's how P5-ers make decisions, not us yo. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Get off the internet and get some help lurker

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously don't go near a computer - this post is a cry for help obv so i don't think you're going to do it, and the internet is a cold and lonely place - but don't do it. suicide at 19 is just a waste.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:18 AM

wow, this is pretty much the most jacked up thread I have ever read here.

Trust me Lurker, life get f'd up, but as bad as it may seem today it gets better.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Better use for life savings: Go to Vegas, get hookers and blow, and [censored] live, man. At least do some crazy [censored] you didn't think you'd do before making such an irreversible decision based on incomplete information. That's how P5-ers make decisions, not us yo. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
goofy is right. i have thought about suicide, although i knew i would never do it

in some ways i almost wish that i was in a position to be seriously considering suicide, because i think that it would allow me to fearlessly approach women and interact socially and do things i have always wanted to do but was too afraid to without fear of any consequences and ultimately find reaosn to live.'
'
i hope this makes sense.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:23 AM

Didn't lurker talk about seeing a therapist in posts before?

I know most of you are living in the dark ages when it comes to psychology and psychiatric medicine but this is clearly a sign of clinical depression. There is a reason people with lives 'worse' than lurkers don't do something this drastic and people with much better lives do.

If anybody disagrees with this please keep your ignorant and misguided views to yourself. From a purely logical standpoint, how could giving psychiatric medication a try be a bad thing?
Old 08-31-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
goofy is right. i have thought about suicide, although i knew i would never do it

in some ways i almost wish that i was in a position to be seriously considering suicide, because i think that it would allow me to fearlessly approach women and interact socially and do things i have always wanted to do but was too afraid and ultimately find reaosn to live.'
'
i hope this makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

it doesn't at all. suicide impulses come from a totally different place than '[censored] it, i'm going deep' impulses. this isn't some existential thing - it's serious depressive [censored].

lurker, get better - but get off bbv, don't read this nonsense, and get some help, man. internet can't help you here - we care, but that's all we can do.