Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Disadvantages of dating a doctor or med student...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
IFX,

Seriously. You gotta trust me on this. Leave now and stop thinking about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

We aren't together anymore. My problem now is trying to forget about it and get on with my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

just bury yourself in friends, work, hobbies, etc.... pretty soon you'll forget about her, and pretty soon you'll bump into someone new

it def takes time, but time does heal

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't have any friends here at college because I don't go out. I have 2 roommates, 1 of which I like, but he's just not my type to hang out with. I avoid him sometimes because he bothers me. The other I was in the military with, but he drinks a lot and he doesn't think like I do.

I'm also graduating next month, so I'll go back home and work and basically be around no one I care about except for my family, so the pond is going to dry up instantly.

My hobbies include watching tv, reading news on the internet, and reading books. If I have things on my mind, then I can't concentrate on reading.

And after I graduate, if I am still part-time, I'll be working like 2-3 times a week and the rest of that I'll be bored out of my mind, so prospects are low right now.

I don't like going out because I'm not one for large groups. I won't go out in my hometown because of what I do, and plus, I don't like smelling cigarette smoke, and they are all rednecks, most of the them.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:14 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 11-05-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did she ever tell you that one of her problems was that she needed space? Or that you suffocated her?

Sounds like you need some overall balance in your life. What that balance will be can only be decided by you...but make some new friends somehow, get some new hobbies that excite you...when the time is right, do some things that will put you in contact with attractive and available members of the opposite sex. Get out.

[/ QUOTE ]

The last couple weeks she has been saying she has wanted her own space where she didn't have to feel like she was obligated to call me.

I always said that if her and I broke up, I'd be free to do whatever I want. I said I want to go to San Diego or Las Vegas. My best friend who I grew up with lives near San Diego, and I met BlueEcho (2+2), so I know at least 2 people over there right now. BlueEcho is married, and my other friend is dating a girl, so I'd be the 3rd wheel. The costs to moving would be relatively high.

I don't even know if I can find any other hobbies. There is nothing to do in my hometown. My only hobby could be to try and start a business, but that is tougher than it sounds.

So I think my only option after I graduate is to move somewhere else.

I do have a friend who just moved to Florida a little more than a month ago. He got a job at Disney, but I don't know if I like the Florida humidity and hurricanes.

I'd also be giving up alot with my police training because any transfer, I'd probably have to do another academy if I move to a different state.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Simple question: Does she love you as much as you love her?

[/ QUOTE ]

Shes a woman. So I guess the modified question for her would be "well what is he doing for me right now?". If you have done something ridiculously over the top nice recently she will say yes, if not no. Its like having a dog, give them food and theyre happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you considered finding a woman who doesn't suck?
Old 11-05-2007, 09:49 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 11-05-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shes a woman. So I guess the modified question for her would be "well what is he doing for me right now?". If you have done something ridiculously over the top nice recently she will say yes, if not no. Its like having a dog, give them food and theyre happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really loved her. Now, finding a different girl is easier said than done.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey man, you can't say [censored] like that in a serious thread when you haven't been in his shoes. The fact that he says she's a great person a % of the time would also screw with anyone's emotions.

Emotions play a big roll here but Italian basically did what most of the people here agreed to.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
IFX,

Seriously. You gotta trust me on this. Leave now and stop thinking about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

We aren't together anymore. My problem now is trying to forget about it and get on with my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

just bury yourself in friends, work, hobbies, etc.... pretty soon you'll forget about her, and pretty soon you'll bump into someone new

it def takes time, but time does heal

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't have any friends here at college because I don't go out. I have 2 roommates, 1 of which I like, but he's just not my type to hang out with. I avoid him sometimes because he bothers me. The other I was in the military with, but he drinks a lot and he doesn't think like I do.

I'm also graduating next month, so I'll go back home and work and basically be around no one I care about except for my family, so the pond is going to dry up instantly.

My hobbies include watching tv, reading news on the internet, and reading books. If I have things on my mind, then I can't concentrate on reading.

And after I graduate, if I am still part-time, I'll be working like 2-3 times a week and the rest of that I'll be bored out of my mind, so prospects are low right now.

I don't like going out because I'm not one for large groups. I won't go out in my hometown because of what I do, and plus, I don't like smelling cigarette smoke, and they are all rednecks, most of the them.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think you should get back together with this chic. but just FYI, most women find the above a huge turn off. they like confident men with goals and direction and some indication that they don't suffer from limpdiksyndrome

[/ QUOTE ]

I am confident and I do have goals and direction. I just don't go out and party every weekend or drink alcohol like it is water. When I say I read the news and read books, it sounds nerdier than it is. I mean, I do it when I am just sitting around with nothing else to do. If there are other things to do, I'd probably do them.

Once I get back home though, I won't be looking in my hometown for a girl because they are either 1. in high school, or 2. in a rut with nowhere to go, both of which are not good candidates.

There was a girl who came over today to look at my apartment with 2 of her friends and she said Hi to me, but I never got her name. I don't think i'll ever see her again. She was probably a sophomore or something.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hey man, you can't say [censored] like that in a serious thread when you haven't been in his shoes. The fact that he says she's a great person a % of the time would also screw with anyone's emotions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was pretty apparent that I was responding to PITTM's awesome bitterness, and not to the OP in any way. That's why I quoted him.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:19 PM

I think idolizing women like this is retarded, and will only lead to you getting hurt. It seems like she found someone else/got bored while you were away and will do the same thing again in the future. Just move on IMO. This has very little to do with her being a med school student, and everything to do with her personality and feelings towards you.