Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Adults dupe teen into MySpace-assisted suicide

The only killer was the girl who hung herself. Hurting her feelings with a cruel prank is not the same as killing her. Obviously a horrible thing to do, and a sad story though.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also a little fishy is that she died "the next day" lol, although it's obv from attempting-to-hang-yourself-related-complications... just strange

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? I hope this is just ignorance and not actually funny to you. Very common for a bad hypoxic event to lead to death over the next few days if you can revive the person initially.

[/ QUOTE ]

relax I'm not a coroner ok?
Old 11-14-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While what the other family did is just unthinkably mean, I don't think you can really blame them for the kid's death.

One of the things that scares me about having kids is the fear that I would become equally irrational when my own kid gets shitted on in some fashion.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Get a mop."
Old 11-14-2007, 02:04 PM

the more I think about it the more I think the parents "at fault" aren't likely to have any legal responsibiltiy here at all... I mean there's that whole family of whack-job religious fundamentalists (or whatever you'd call them) who travel to the funerals of dead US Soldiers with signs saying "god kills f*gg*t troops" and cheering and such... if they haven't gotten arrested yet then this can't possibly be a crime right?
Old 11-14-2007, 02:04 PM

An adult, (the other girl's Mom), started the MySpace page to manipulate and spy on her daughter's former friend and then says,

[ QUOTE ]
(She) felt this incident contributed to Megan's suicide, but she did not feel 'as guilty' because at the funeral she found out 'Megan had tried to commit suicide before.'"

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing that would keep me from killing her would be what it would do to my other kid.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No joke: If somebody did that to my child, I'd kill them.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much what I think. I would at least ruin their lives.

You people have a seriously [censored] up worldview if you let people get away with things like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

id much rather kill myself than the other parents if this happened to my kid

[ QUOTE ]
No joke: If somebody did that to my child, I'd kill them.

Obviously, I don't recommend that anyone do this. I am just stating what I believe I would do if I was put in this situation. I'm only 38, but from the last 15 or so odd years, my life has become pretty repetitive, anyway. The only change is that I have a son and its the best thing to see him growing up. If that was taken away from me, well, there's just so much eating, drinking, humping, watching tv, and playing poker that one can do. If I added to that line-up of daily events the sorrow of knowing that some bastard(s) were responsible for killing my child (and the fact that my child was no longer here) I would just as soon die, anyway ... and, I would be taking some revenge before I went.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is interesting, I have an analogy which is actually a true story. Say your son is dating a girl in college. He is in love with her. She cheats on him, and then breaks up with him, knowing full well that he has had issues with depression in the past. He kills himself shortly after the breakup. You coming after the girl or the guy she cheated with? Seems to me like it would unwarranted even though they were cruel in a way. I guess maybe the key difference is they weren't doing it to hurt this guy. Does it change anything if the girl wants to hurt your son's feelings because he ignores her/ the guy hates your son for some reason?

Do people deserve to die for being emotionally cruel/mean to somebody that has depression issues?

[ QUOTE ]
the more I think about it the more I think the parents "at fault" aren't likely to have any legal responsibiltiy here at all... I mean there's that whole family of whack-job religious fundamentalists (or whatever you'd call them) who travel to the funerals of dead US Soldiers with signs saying "god kills f*gg*t troops" and cheering and such... if they haven't gotten arrested yet then this can't possibly be a crime right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry about being pissy earlier, this whole situation just tilts the hell out of me. Funny you mention the Westboro [censored] cause they did just lose a ginormous civil lawsuit.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:09 PM

I have a feeling vigilante justice will win the day. Hoping, at least. Being ostracized from the community is a fitting punishment.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OOT has done similar

[/ QUOTE ]

I like how everybody here seems to be ignoring this, when it's definitely true that OOT seems to have a love for trainwrecks that could definitely [censored] with people's heads.

The parents of the other girl are scum. But I think the concept of a lawsuit here is silly, and I find it bizarre how a crowd which frequently enjoys being dicks on the internet (and deriding people who take it seriously) can think otherwise. If being a dick to people is grounds for a lawsuit, I think a lot of us better stop posting here. (EDIT: Seriously, even if the bad guys knew about her depressive tendencies, I don't think it would be a very good argument, and there's a very strong chance they didn't. Why would they know that she had tried to kill herself before?)