Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Scandal: An Inside Job

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Druff, record the convo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do not do this if you live in one of the 'two party consent' states.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, this doesn't matter.

You are only committing a criminal offense if you tap someone else's telephone conversation.

If you record your own call -- even in a two-party consent state -- you will not get into any trouble. The only difference is that you can't use such recordings as legal evidence if you're in a two-party state and record the other person without their permission.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:53 AM

Okay then, record it. I want to hear it ldo.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:00 AM

Russ Hamilton sitting at UB 25/50 Pot limit omaha.

Maybe someone should sit down and see what he has to say on the matter?
Old 10-17-2007, 02:01 AM

I just received this email from Absolute, which contains (new?) information about a voluntary self-audit:

Dear Corey,

Absolute Poker Management wishes to inform the poker community of the following information in response to the most recent claims posted over the past 48 hours on the 2+2 and Pocket Fives forums wherein again it is alleged that some person or persons breached Absolute Poker’s redundant and varying levels of game client security. As was stated in Absolute Poker’s Official Response released on Friday October 12, 2007, Absolute Poker conducted an extensive investigation in response to the claims it was made aware of and received. The results of that investigation indicated that to the best of Absolute Poker’s knowledge, information and belief there was no security breach. Specifically, Absolute Poker’s internal investigation determined that it is impossible for any person, device, program, script or other means to see hole cards.

Based on the most recent claims that Absolute Poker has been made aware of and at the request of some of our players and business partners, Absolute Poker has agreed to retain a widely acclaimed independent third party auditor, Gaming Associates, to conduct an independent audit of Absolute Poker’s security systems. Specifically, Absolute Poker has requested that Gaming Associates conduct a thorough and extensive review of Absolute Poker’s practices and security systems to determine whether it is possible for any person, device, program, script or other means to see hole cards thereby gaining an unfair advantage. (http://www.gamingassociates.com)

Absolute Poker has agreed to fully cooperate with Gaming Associates and its investigative team and to provide the above with unfettered access to all systems, protocols and databases at Absolute Poker worldwide. Absolute Poker has also agreed to allow Gaming Associate’s final report to be made available to Pocket Fives and Bluff Media for their review.

With respect to the claims that Scott Tom, a former Member of Team Absolute Poker, is in anyway involved in wrong-doing, Absolute Poker has requested a formal investigation into that matter as well. Mr. Tom has not been involved with Absolute Poker for over a year and to the best of our knowledge, information and belief has not had access to any of Absolute Poker’s systems, databases or information.

Absolute Poker reserves the right to pursue any and all remedies whether in law or equitable which may procure to it as a result of any unlawful and injurious actions taken by any individuals who may have falsified any information, documents, files, or have by other means attempted to disparage and/or harm Absolute Poker, its Players, its current or former management, employees, business partners or affiliates.

Absolute Poker shall bear all expenses related to such investigation and is eager to learn about Gaming Associate’s findings. Absolute Poker highly values and intends to protect its players, shareholders, business partners, and affiliates.

Absolute Poker Management
Old 10-17-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Russ Hamilton sitting at UB 25/50 Pot limit omaha.

Maybe someone should sit down and see what he has to say on the matter?

[/ QUOTE ]
He probably doesn't know anything; there's no need to harass him and give our side the reputation of crazies.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just received this email from Absolute, which contains (new?) information about a voluntary self-audit:

Dear Corey,

Absolute Poker Management wishes to inform the poker community of the following information in response to the most recent claims posted over the past 48 hours on the 2+2 and Pocket Fives forums wherein again it is alleged that some person or persons breached Absolute Poker’s redundant and varying levels of game client security. As was stated in Absolute Poker’s Official Response released on Friday October 12, 2007, Absolute Poker conducted an extensive investigation in response to the claims it was made aware of and received. The results of that investigation indicated that to the best of Absolute Poker’s knowledge, information and belief there was no security breach. Specifically, Absolute Poker’s internal investigation determined that it is impossible for any person, device, program, script or other means to see hole cards.

Based on the most recent claims that Absolute Poker has been made aware of and at the request of some of our players and business partners, Absolute Poker has agreed to retain a widely acclaimed independent third party auditor, Gaming Associates, to conduct an independent audit of Absolute Poker’s security systems. Specifically, Absolute Poker has requested that Gaming Associates conduct a thorough and extensive review of Absolute Poker’s practices and security systems to determine whether it is possible for any person, device, program, script or other means to see hole cards thereby gaining an unfair advantage. (http://www.gamingassociates.com)

Absolute Poker has agreed to fully cooperate with Gaming Associates and its investigative team and to provide the above with unfettered access to all systems, protocols and databases at Absolute Poker worldwide. Absolute Poker has also agreed to allow Gaming Associate’s final report to be made available to Pocket Fives and Bluff Media for their review.

With respect to the claims that Scott Tom, a former Member of Team Absolute Poker, is in anyway involved in wrong-doing, Absolute Poker has requested a formal investigation into that matter as well. Mr. Tom has not been involved with Absolute Poker for over a year and to the best of our knowledge, information and belief has not had access to any of Absolute Poker’s systems, databases or information.

Absolute Poker reserves the right to pursue any and all remedies whether in law or equitable which may procure to it as a result of any unlawful and injurious actions taken by any individuals who may have falsified any information, documents, files, or have by other means attempted to disparage and/or harm Absolute Poker, its Players, its current or former management, employees, business partners or affiliates.

Absolute Poker shall bear all expenses related to such investigation and is eager to learn about Gaming Associate’s findings. Absolute Poker highly values and intends to protect its players, shareholders, business partners, and affiliates.

Absolute Poker Management

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll help Gaming Associates if AP/GA is willing.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:07 AM

Also, as I am in equity holder in Bluff Media, I assume I will see a copy of this report anyway. But I would be happy to look over the details and give my opinion.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:08 AM

Absolute's email is a big step in the right direction, me thinks.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:09 AM

Step 1 would be to have a non retarded employee look at the hand histories in question from their own data.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Absolute Poker reserves the right to pursue any and all remedies whether in law or equitable which may procure to it as a result of any unlawful and injurious actions...

[/ QUOTE ]
Does this make sense? I mean, grammatically?

edit: I mean, 'procure' is a transitive verb, and I don't know wtf 'equitable' is doing in there in that form.

edit again: on one hand, who cares, I'm a nit. On the other, it's kinda funny that AP can't even write up a properly worded English document.
Closed Thread