Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 10:11 PM

Default Re: How I Made 250k this year and have nothing to show for it.

"I flew friends out for holidays, we had wild nights out at strippers, and me myself must have spent close to 30k on whores."

"The only good thing id say i did with my money was i did give 10k away to charity and 20k to help out my family. That helps me to sleep better at night."

whores and charity.
hmm [censored] up morals?
Old 11-02-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bodoh,

Are you who i think you are? If so, you should let me coach you and get you staked, i have the time and the connections. If you're who i think, you know where to find me.

[/ QUOTE ]

THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE AND WE LET EM OFF THE HOOK!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol nice
Old 11-02-2007, 11:07 PM

Question:
What are the side effects of smoking pot?

Answer:
Here is a bit of a list as to the side effects of pot (not counting the high itself!): 1) Short term memory loss 2) Anxiety and panic attacks, some people end up in the emergency room. 3) Impotency 4) Testicle shrinkage 5) Avoidant personality disorder 6) Paranoia 7) Lung cancer, difficulty breathing 8) Laziness, unwilling to work. A heavy marijuana user will often be unemployed, living off the government or mom and dad. He/she will often blame society for their problems. 9) Men will often grow breasts and lose muscle mass. 10) On rare occasions, the drug can be laced and cause death. As for one study: Dr. Brent Moore and colleagues at Yale University, the National Cancer Institute, and the University of Vermont evaluated data from a nationally representative sample of 6,728 adults. Their analysis indicated that a history of more than 100 lifetime episodes of smoking pot, with at least one episode in the past month, increased an individual's risk of chronic bronchitis, coughing on most days, wheezing, chest sounds without a cold, and increased phlegm.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:31 PM

mate, i know who you are and i will respond to your face if you take my advice seriously. I don't want to write anything here in case you take anything the wrong way.

See you in a few days. Chin up.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:49 PM

if you are someone i know (or dont) plz pm me if u need help
Old 11-03-2007, 12:10 AM

this thread has exciting implications...gl op and you sound like a man of integrity!
Old 11-03-2007, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this thread has exciting implications...gl op and you sound like a man of integrity!

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether you're being sarcastic or not i can def attest that OP is a good guy.

A long while back he borrowed a couple thousand off me and wasn't able to pay it back for bout a year, but never jerked me around about it. When he got the money together he flew my GF and I to malaysia, paid our flight and hotel, then gave me the 2k back plus 500 in interest despite my not asking for it.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:22 AM

FWIW, I had over half as much as the OP, and assuming I continue to play as little poker as I have been over the past couple months, I'll also be busto by the time taxes roll around.

Money is a fickle thing, and when you finally have it for the first time you feel totally invincible. When you have six figures in savings, it feels as though, how could I possibly spend it all?

Well, after a new car + other goodies (watch/TV/random electronic stuff) + too much money spent on nights out + a trip around Asia, + the close to 50% the IRS is gonna take away, I'll be busto again. But I don't think I have any regrets. I'm living my life as much as I can when I'm young, and I might never have this opportunity again.

Anyway what I'm saying is, basically, [censored] it dude. If you're a smart, good dude, and you honestly try each day to make your life good, it can never be that bad. If you're a winning poker player, and people know that (or even just think that), you'll never really be busto. There are a million examples of this. So just keep your head up, don't give up on collecting those loans, get a stake if you need to, get your head right, and make it again. Those experiences you had this year don't just disappear. You do have something to show for it. You had some wild times when you were young, and I bet there are a lot of people out there, who have always been broke and never had those sorts of opportunities, who would envy you your "year in the sun." So, try and have another one =) And maybe be a little smarter with your money this time along the way. Best of luck.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Money is a fickle thing, and when you finally have it for the first time you feel totally invincible. When you have six figures in savings, it feels as though, how could I possibly spend it all?

luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Earlier in the year I was broke and eventually went on a good run and got my bankroll/net worth up to about 100k. Like you said, I felt totally invincible. I spent money at will, lost a lot playing high limits, and before I knew it my 100k was about 10k. Thankfully I've been doing well lately and now have more money than I ever have. Just trying to be responsible with it this time.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:14 AM

hi malicious222 gl with smd.