FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Your Heisman Top 5

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
any top 3 WITH hart is a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Let me be clear - I have nothing against Mike Hart - he's a great player and he might be the best guy who ever lived for all I know.

But haven't I heard with regard to great players on underachieving teams for basically ever that team success is a requirement for the award except in unusual circumstances?
(Not talking about whether it should be or not - just saying it has been.) It seems to me like everyone wants to change the rules as long as it's a big, traditional program that's the underachiever instead of Marshall/Tulane/Hawaii/South Florida etc.

Didn't Michigan lose to a I-AA team at home and then get throttled by 30 at home in the next game, or did I dream that?

The Heisman winner CANNOT come from a I-A team that loses to a I-AA team. PERIOD.

[/ QUOTE ]

This loss is highly OVERRATED. Yes Michigan isn't good. But was it his fault. Also AP-State wasn't a bad I-AA team. Honestly I'm still pretty certain there have been 2 bigger upsets this year. Stanford over USC on the road and Cuse over Louisville.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know how Arkansas doesn't score every time they have the ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget
Old 10-11-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly I'm still pretty certain there have been 2 bigger upsets this year. Stanford over USC on the road and Cuse over Louisville.

[/ QUOTE ]

And Booty and Brohm are out of it too, for the same reason. Case closed.

(Brohm is 100x the player Hart is and has the stats and draft projections to back it up.)
Old 10-11-2007, 02:40 PM

Uh...draft projections?

Charlie Ward and Eric Crouch say hello.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly I'm still pretty certain there have been 2 bigger upsets this year. Stanford over USC on the road and Cuse over Louisville.

[/ QUOTE ]

And Booty and Brohm are out of it too, for the same reason. Case closed.

(Brohm is 100x the player Hart is and has the stats and draft projections to back it up.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Brohm isn't 100 times the player. He is a big pro prospect and Hart isn't the 2nd coming of jesus but at worst he's a 2nd round prospect.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What happened to all the love for Andre Woodson?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kentucky lost, he threw a pick at the goal line and gave away 2 fumbles that went to the house.

His numbers are still ridiculous

[/ QUOTE ]

see
so it's kinda silly right?
one bad game and he's still having a sick year
that was my point

socratic method ftw
Old 10-12-2007, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
any top 3 WITH hart is a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Let me be clear - I have nothing against Mike Hart - he's a great player and he might be the best guy who ever lived for all I know.

But haven't I heard with regard to great players on underachieving teams for basically ever that team success is a requirement for the award except in unusual circumstances?
(Not talking about whether it should be or not - just saying it has been.) It seems to me like everyone wants to change the rules as long as it's a big, traditional program that's the underachiever instead of Marshall/Tulane/Hawaii/South Florida etc.

Didn't Michigan lose to a I-AA team at home and then get throttled by 30 at home in the next game, or did I dream that?

The Heisman winner CANNOT come from a I-A team that loses to a I-AA team. PERIOD.

[/ QUOTE ]

This loss is highly OVERRATED. Yes Michigan isn't good. But was it his fault. Also AP-State wasn't a bad I-AA team. Honestly I'm still pretty certain there have been 2 bigger upsets this year. Stanford over USC on the road and Cuse over Louisville.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, since a poster earlier said Hart single-handedly carried his team to a 14-9 victory, then yes of course that loss was his fault. Why did he decide NOT to carry his team to victory in that game, since he is obviously capable of it?
Old 10-12-2007, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Uh...draft projections?

[/ QUOTE ]

So does Peyton Manning, wtf is your point? This is like when wack-jobs say something insane and then say "Yeah they thought Galileo was insane too" or something ridiculous. Yes, there have been busts, who cares?
Old 10-12-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Uh...draft projections?

[/ QUOTE ]

So does Peyton Manning, wtf is your point? This is like when wack-jobs say something insane and then say "Yeah they thought Galileo was insane too" or something ridiculous. Yes, there have been busts, who cares?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm simply saying draft projections are irreevant in determining who will or should win the heisman.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:26 AM

OP, now I understand why you lose money betting college football.