Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: KQo in MP - Straightforward 35/12 opens UTG
Raise 4 14.81%
Call 2 7.41%
Fold 21 77.78%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2007, 11:41 PM

Default Re: Some things need to be said

[ QUOTE ]
Blah blah blah

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people argue with this moron?
Old 01-14-2007, 11:53 PM

I honestly believe the well educated, socially inept on this forum have trapped themselves into a utopian style world. One where they can justify not protecting themselves and standing up for their rights by hiding behind some anti-"vigilante" ideologue. We're not talking about murderous examples of retribution here, we're talking about petty situations of daily life. Someone snatching your wifes purse, or your daughters purse, then fleeing on foot. No, you do not need to go and break his kneecaps, but can you really justify not tackling him and reclaiming what he's stolen and still look at yourself in the mirror like a man with backbone? Or are you 'mathematically correct' in doing nothing due to the 25.7% chance you end up getting a black eye trying to stand up for something? Or would your action set forth a chain of larger examples of vigilante style justice and anarchy would ensue? Answer it with reality, not ideology.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly believe the well educated, socially inept on this forum have trapped themselves into a utopian style world. One where they can justify not protecting themselves and standing up for their rights by hiding behind some anti-"vigilante" ideologue. We're not talking about murderous examples of retribution here, we're talking about petty situations of daily life. Someone snatching your wifes purse, or your daughters purse, then fleeing on foot. No, you do not need to go and break his kneecaps, but can you really justify not tackling him and reclaiming what he's stolen and still look at yourself in the mirror like a man with backbone? Or are you 'mathematically correct' in doing nothing due to the 25.7% chance you end up getting a black eye trying to stand up for something? Or would your action set forth a chain of larger examples of vigilante style justice and anarchy would ensue? Answer it with reality, not ideology.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're aware that your example has nothing to do with the issue at hand.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:17 AM

Justin,

I'm aware, but a different discussion began.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yawn, don't care, don't care, don't care.

HIV, we know you're an immature, angle-shooting piece of garbage. If we were a tribe, you would no longer be allowed to hunt with the men. You would be forced to gather with the women.

[/ QUOTE ]

and basta.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Justin,

I'm aware, but a different discussion began.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I've followed the new discussion. Getting stolen goods back is different. You example would be relevant if the guy continued to beat up the purse snatcher after he'd gotten the purse back.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:29 AM

Justin,

Naj had said he would not rely on physical means to retrieve stolen goods. He would only contact the authorities or take it up in the courtroom, I realized that left his position a little open in scenarios like the one I mentioned so I injected it. All I wanted was an answer as to how he'd handle that situation, and received the "vigilante" speech.

I take it you'd tackle that bastard and get the relatives purse back, as would I. Never said we'd dismember him, calm down civil rights BBV activists!
Old 01-15-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
james - i don't know why you are engaging in this nonsense. having now seen pictures of a majority of these 2p2 tourney donks, i can assure you that any physical confrontation among the nerds would be, uhh, non-lethal at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

la,

mostly because i'm bored. I do agree that the photos posted seem to imply that it would likely just result in modest bruising.

james

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect.

-Brad
Old 01-15-2007, 01:27 AM

u guys act like there is some court system nath coulda went 2 to get his money back if cheated.since there is none, what would be his course of action if he wanted justice? just chalk it up as a lesson learned?
also if some people were jumping your friend outside a club how would you handle the situation if you had a choice between going and finding bouncers(that will use up some time) or jumping in to help him
Old 01-15-2007, 04:41 PM

That's correct. When I lived on 40th and Baltimore, I had 3 bicycles stolen one summer [in college, no car obvs].

All 3x it was stolen by a large man [95% same guy] who was also a known crack addict. We would be watching TV inside, or sleeping, and hear him come up on the porch, clip the chain, and take off. Then, when I moved my bike inside, he would jimmy the lock, come inside, and take it.

I don't see where escalating this into a physical confrontation [you mentioned giving someone 2 black eyes] would have solved anything.

YMMV. I don't think feeling this way constitutes a belief in 'Utopia.'

GG, nh sir. I'm out.