Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 07:29 PM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

[ QUOTE ]
Names need to be released. People need to be prosecuted. Full disclosure of ownership history. Complete statements from all of those accused.

AND Absolute Poker goes out of business.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, you get right on that, chief
Old 10-23-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
, I am mainly going as a representative for 2p2,

[/ QUOTE ]

HI N 82 50 24:

I'm sorry but you do not represent Two Plus Two. That authorization can only from me.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow - rather than a PM, Mason expresses his disapproval publicly. I think it was obvious from the context that Nat meant the 2+2 community, not 2+2 publishing.

However, with Mason's posting, there's evidence he's reading the AP threads - he weighed in pretty swiftly on Nat's trip - how about a similar condemnation of the key underlying issue, which is AP's cheating?

Mason, you previously said you were waiting for AP's "official" statement before commenting on the issue. Now that we have it, do you have anything to say? Your opinion matters to a lot of people and your silence continues to be surprising - surely you don't condone AP's actions?

Cheers, Carl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason is known to be very protective about people implicitly, accidentially, or even potentially seeming like they represent 2+2. This is his prerogative and perfectly fine for a business owner. In fact I fully expected a comment like this from him since nat didn't explicitly point out that he is representing a diffuse group of people who post on 2+2 and p5 rather than 2+2 itself.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So it's really just about....trying to help them get back on their feet in any way I can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? This whole thing is fishy. Best thing that can happen is Absolute goes down the tubes and serves as a warning and lesson to the other major sites to make sure that their *sses are squeaky clean. No one should be helping Absolute.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm a bad person then, because I make money playing poker at AP and for that reason I don't want them to go out of business. I'm happy to see them fined, beaten, jailed, whipped, humiliated etc - so long as they keep spreading those tables where I get the money to pay my rent. And "AP" is more than the thieves, it's the non-cheating owners who have probably lost a huge amount from all this, it's their employees, it's their suppliers, it's those who have fun playing poker at their site, and it's the greedy bastards like me eeking out a meager profit by playing poker there. I didn't cheat you - so why are you trying to stab me in the back?
Old 10-23-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a matter of fact AP told props not to play in games above 10/20 for the longest time as they would not get paid.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, that is so sick. so basically, the site has always been rigged.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Names need to be released. People need to be prosecuted. Full disclosure of ownership history. Complete statements from all of those accused.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever. Go ahead and give them a clean bill of health and then start playing there. When they freeze your money up and you get stiffed you will be singing a different tune. The United States government is more than capable of freezing assets in these types of situations.

But maybe it is a good idea to give them a free pass FOR THE GOOD OF POKER. Hahahahahaha.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:41 PM

I would think it would be nearly impossible for Nat to comeback with a report saying AP is on the right road back if he is not granted full disclosure of owners/management and people recently fired/removed.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
adanthar and nat should both go, if it is not feasible on the AP budget I'm sure we can figure it out moneywise on BBV

[/ QUOTE ]
don't give them ideas

it's obviously feasible, they're a friggin poker site, make them pay for it
Old 10-23-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever. Go ahead and give them a clean bill of health and then start playing there. When they freeze your money up and you get stiffed you will be singing a different tune. The United States government is more than capable of freezing assets in these types of situations.

But maybe it is a good idea to give them a free pass FOR THE GOOD OF POKER. Hahahahahaha.

[/ QUOTE ]
who are these [censored] retards who just sit around yelling "BURN ABSOLUTE BURN" and flaming the people who are ACTUALLY DOING THE WORK TO UNCOVER THE TRUTH?

shut the [censored] up! go back to your hole. come out when you actually contribute to this.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jzo,

The KGC should be investigated based solely on the evidence that ties their founder with AP. You're right about the juicy part of the story though, and that is if the KGC will(or can) do anything at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean Joe Norton? The guy who not long ago paid a fortune for AP and UB and now has something worth far far less? Yeah, I'm sure he's the guy who caused all this.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:49 PM

Okay, I've received a very interesting offer that may change the whole angle of my visit and will address some of the concerns expressed in this thread. I will explain further once I talk to AP management about it and think it over.