Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 06:17 PM

Default Re: WORLD WAR 3

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jets,bombers,ships don't really matter in war anymore space technology is where it is all at and Russian is top tier in that category.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anton - OK, I'm convinced, we're all doomed.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

The main tasks of the Russian Space Forces are informing the higher political leaders and military commanders of missile attacks as soon as possible, ballistic missile defense, and the creation, deployment, maintenance and control of in-orbit space vehicles.

LOL!!@#$!@#$

The point of the military section of the russian space program is informing the higherups when they can kiss thier asses goodbye. pretty advanced.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've often thought that if Russia and China got together and attacked us, full-scale on both coasts simultaneously, I think we'd be pretty well [censored].

Someone with enough military knowledge please tell me I'm wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

No f'ing way would we lose right now, in the future if both continue to build up military it's possible.

US spends more on military then the entire world combined. Obv money isn't everything, but the combo of this and the highest gun/citizen ration make us pretty much uninvadeable right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

No if China+Russian attacked GG USA

[/ QUOTE ]

China + Russia would have no chance against the US in a conventional war.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? china + russia has about 11 mm troops vs 2.3 mm for the US. to this you have to factor in that the US is already involved in afghanistan and iraq

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...f_total_troops
Old 10-17-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jets,bombers,ships don't really matter in war anymore space technology is where it is all at and Russian is top tier in that category.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anton - OK, I'm convinced, we're all doomed.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

The main tasks of the Russian Space Forces are informing the higher political leaders and military commanders of missile attacks as soon as possible, ballistic missile defense, and the creation, deployment, maintenance and control of in-orbit space vehicles.

LOL!!@#$!@#$

The point of the military section of the russian space program is informing the higherups when they can kiss thier asses goodbye. pretty advanced.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL QFT.

Anton wanna give it another go?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, Russia can't even suppress the Chechen rebels, how on earth could they defeat anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ] This is like saying the US can't even defeat Iraq, so they couldn't defeat anyone. Invations are hopeless unless you wipe out the 98% of the population that are not traitors and proceed to move other people that agree with you into the neat new area you have aquired.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree this is why when the topic comes around to who would beat who in an international war, everyone has there
opinion and thinks there own country is better then the other.

And then you have guy's like this who post the most wtf?! type response's. ok there buddy
Old 10-17-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last i heard america erased iraqs former government aka suddam and pals. its not a war anymore, hasnt been since the first 3-5 days of the invasion, its playing babysitter over suicide bombers.

[/ QUOTE ] Removing a government is easy. The Russians could easilly kill/arrest the leaders of the Chechen rebels, and without knowing the situation well enough to know, I'm guessing they have done it several times.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've often thought that if Russia and China got together and attacked us, full-scale on both coasts simultaneously, I think we'd be pretty well [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

No f'ing way would we lose right now, in the future if both continue to build up military it's possible.

US spends more on military then the entire world combined. Obv money isn't everything, but the combo of this and the highest gun/citizen ration make us pretty much uninvadeable right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

really? china + russia has about 11 mm troops vs 2.3 mm for the US. to this you have to factor in that the US is already involved in afghanistan and iraq

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the #'s by military branch would be more significant
Old 10-17-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure if there were an all-out WWIII the US might consider instituting a draft, so the 2.3M is probably a little understated for purposes of this exercise...

-Al
Old 10-17-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We would pull out of both instantly. Then you have to ask yourself how many troops they can fit on their navy, and then you have to ask how many of those ships will make it to land.

Non of the countries mentioned could "win" in a conventional war against each other. The only country that would actually even make it to land would be the US vs them though, but we'd lose eventually because of manpower.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure if there were an all-out WWIII the US might consider instituting a draft, so the 2.3M is probably a little understated...

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]
china and russia already have a draft, no? im pretty sure that china would force ppl even more ppl into the army. the us army has 9.46/1000 in the army. china has 5.3..
Old 10-17-2007, 06:25 PM

I still don't understand why Russia was brought up in the first place. The country dumped their philosophy and government in order to become more "western," and saw the merits in doing so. In addition to that, Christianity is the religion of the majority (albeit a different brand). They'd be more likely to be an ally than an enemy.