Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 12-31-2005, 01:16 AM

Default Foxwoods Trip Report, most unreal LAG ever seen

I was at foxwoods all day today (Friday). Got there at 10AM and went on the 1/2 NLHE, 2/5 NLHE, 2/4 O8 and 5/10 O8 lists. I sat down at the 2/4 O8 after a 2 hour wait and played only 2 hands and got called for the 1/2 NLHE game. I moved and went up and down like a yo-yo for 6 hours. At that poit I got called for the 5/10 O8 game (I was #20 on the list and took 8 hours to get to my name [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]). I thought a lot about moving because I was figuring at least 6 players would know what they were doing at this table and it has all the regulars. Since the NLHE game didn't go as well as I hoped, I moved.

After 2 hands of play, I notice the player to my right raising and re-raising every street to the river, raising blind every chance and putting stradles up even when it was a Kill pot. However, he was doing this without EVER looking at his hole cards!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] He would only look at them when the betting was done on the turn. I could not believe how sweet this game was going to be.

The LAG player had sat down with $1000 at the table and when I got there he had about $550 left. I proceeded to play mostly against him when I had great starting hands and proceeded to turned my $140 buyin to $700 and he left with $0. This was the sweetest 5/10 O8 game I have ever seen at Foxwoods.

Boy I hope he comes back!!!

Scotty O
Old 12-31-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods Trip Report, most unreal LAG ever seen

There's also a loud old lady named Betty who is awful at the game. I got her heads-up and by the river I have Ace's and 6's and the nut low, she has 10's and 7's.

She's screaming "I've got 10's and 7's, and a low!" and I'm like "I have Ace's and 6's and the nut low"

And she responds "but I have 10's and 7's!"

Me: SCOOOOOP!
Old 12-31-2005, 01:26 PM

nh. why cant i find these games. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-31-2005, 08:47 PM

God I love Foxwoods.

No, I don't really care what anyone thinks about this.

Nice hand, sir.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:31 PM

Sounds a lot like the 4/8 half kill game at the horseshoe in tunica. During the days its pretty much a rock garden. weekend nights or any holiday and its pretty crazy. One kill hand from this week.... It was 6 players to the flop (capped), 4 to the turn (1 less than capped), and 3 to the river. I have the double nuts - six high str8 and wheel, second guy has the wheel, and the last guy........

Pocket Kings (KK94)

He proceeds to mumble something about bad beats and big pairs never holding up. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]