Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Borgata PR sports betting charges being brought

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i wish ian the best

[/ QUOTE ]

How may points per week was he charging you?

[/ QUOTE ]
NineinchAl
I know that 10-20 borgata is full of rejects like you that are looking at highlimit room from the outside. Please understand that you are talking about a real person who is very respected and liked for a a lot of reasons. Ohh and he also happened to be a winning poker player at limits you'll never play.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i wish ian the best

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
NineinchAl
I know that 10-20 borgata is full of rejects like you that are looking at highlimit room from the outside. Please understand that you are talking about a real person who is very respected and liked for a a lot of reasons. Ohh and he also happened to be a winning poker player at limits you'll never play.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's OK. Ian will will never , ever be permitted to participate in the legitimate business world at the stakes that I play. I am certain that I can gamble at the stakes Ian did at any time I choose.

I can't say I want to trade places with a usurer (allegedly)who could very likely be going to jail for a year or two. I am sure the county jail or state prison is full of high limit gamblers/(alleged) loansharks like Ian.

Actually I was in the high limit room of the Borgata today, on the inside looking out, having a roast beef sandwich and a beer.

I am glad someone as insightful as you has the right perspective on all of this.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i wish ian the best

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
NineinchAl

[/ QUOTE ]

That's OK. Ian will will never , ever be permitted to participate in the legitimate business world at the stakes that I play. I am certain that I can gamble at the stakes Ian did at any time I choose.

I can't say I want to trade places with a usurer (allegedly)who could very likely be going to jail for a year or two. I am sure the county jail or state prison is full of high limit gamblers/(alleged) loansharks like Ian.

Actually I was in the high limit room of the Borgata today, on the inside looking out, having a roast beef sandwich and a beer.

I am glad someone as insightful as you has the right perspective on all of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

nineinchal,

Do you see the little X in the top right corner of your web browser? Click on it before you further embarrass yourself. Ian and everyone else charged is innocent until proven guilty, and it doesn't matter whether or not you like any of them. Putting the word "alleged" in your post multiple times doesn't make you any less of a jackass.

And did you enjoy your roast beef sandwich? I find it hilarious when the low limit nits swarm like bees into the high limit area to suck up food comps that aren't meant for them in the first place.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[I can't say I want to trade places with a usurer (allegedly)who could very likely be going to jail for a year or two. I am sure the county jail or state prison is full of high limit gamblers/(alleged) loansharks like Ian.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's extremely unlikely that he'll go to jail. It's not clear what, if any, evidence they have against him. Regardless, I expect the following: He'll quickly accept a deal from the prosecution that involves no jail time.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the low limit nits swarm like bees into the high limit area to suck up food comps that aren't meant for them in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]max rubin calls this +ev.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ian and everyone else charged is innocent until proven guilty

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate this expression.

It means, "We can't throw him in jail until we prove his guilt."

Everyone uses it to mean, "We have to treat him as if he didn't do anything until the court says otherwise."

Of course, we don't treat him that way at all--we put him in handcuffs and take him to jail and make him attend a trial. If he was truly "innocent until proven guilty", he should ask the judge why an innocent man was arrested.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate this expression.

Everyone uses it to mean, "We have to treat him as if he didn't do anything until the court says otherwise."

Of course, we don't treat him that way at all--we put him in handcuffs and take him to jail and make him attend a trial. If he was truly "innocent until proven guilty", he should ask the judge why an innocent man was arrested.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you totally. The problem is a lot more insidious than that as well. It's that all the young punks have the attitude that it is ok to do anything you want as long as you don't get caught. We have lost the ability to know right from wrong. At what point would what anyone think what was going on was wrong? When somebody got their limb broken? When the level of voilence escalated to killing a victim of this ring?
Old 11-18-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the low limit nits swarm like bees into the high limit area to suck up food comps that aren't meant for them in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

and they have really good desserts too!
Old 11-18-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate this expression.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why the phrase is actually "presumed innocent until proven guilty." It is not meant to be an assertion of actual innocence of the indicted.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and they have really good desserts too!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a low limit nit and I prefer Fatburger with a Ben & Jerry's kicker.