Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

View Poll Results: Push with 7's
Yes (This is the hand to double up) 0 0%
No (Wait for a better spot) 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2007, 01:03 AM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 6/27

The only video I have of me doing cha cha is from the very, very first dance routine I ever performed. I'd literally taken up ballroom (and dancing in general) less than 6 months before it was filmed. I don't think anyone would be impressed.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 6/28

Burn Notice thread
Old 07-02-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 7/2

Still running around from a hectic weekend.

Tonight: Age of Love and Hell's Kitchen.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:24 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 7/2

[ QUOTE ]
Still running around from a hectic weekend.

Tonight: Age of Love and Hell's Kitchen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well settle down and put your feet up already. Are you watching Age of Love with me?

btw, anyone know who got kicked off of Hell's Kitchen last week? I missed it because I've been trying to watch that god awful Age of Love thing with Odell and Sniper.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:29 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 7/4

I didn't get to watch Age of Love on Monday. Anything interesting happen?

I did catch On the Lot yesterday.

... and tonight is the Season (and likely Series) Finale of Hidden Palms. Everything else is either fireworks or repeats.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:38 PM

Where is Sniper these days? I need my TV listings!

I believe On The Lot is on tonight followed by a new Hell's Kitchen. Isn't On The Lot supposed to be on Tuesdays? Sniper would know if this is a new episode or a rerun. WHERE HAS HE GONE?!
Old 07-11-2007, 07:38 PM

Last Night's Prime Time

Did anyone else watch PrimeTime last night? It was actually really interesting. The topic was Family Secrets and they interviewed one of the "Barbie Bandits" who held up a bank last year with her girlfriend and then went to the mall on a shopping spree. Anyone else catch it? Wow, just bizarre.

This girl came from a seemingly normal suburbanite family. Mom is a teacher, dad is in construction. It was heartbreaking to hear the mom say what a nightmare the whole experience has been. She said she often wonders where it all went wrong. If you didn't see it I would be hard pressed to convey just how shallow this girl is. She brings a whole new meaning to the word. All she values is material "stuff." Prior to becoming a bank robber she had taken up dancing in a strip club to make lots of money.

Before the girls held up the bank her parents had kicked her out of the home because she would not give up stripping. (She was supposed to go away to college.) Anyway now she faces up to 10 years in prison but her lawyer is trying to get the charges reduced. He says it was an inside job and his client was just a dumb pawn. It was pretty heavy.

Made me wonder though how much you can blame parents when things go wrong. I had this discussion with a guy at work. He thought the parents are to blame for how the girl turned out. I said I didn't think so.

Later in the episode they interviewed a woman who was a shoplifter. She was a wealthy woman who didn't need the stuff she was stealing. Researchers are now claiming that shoplifters have abnormal brain MRIs. Like their frontal lobe is not as dense as a normal brain. So I wonder how many deviant behaviors could be explained away by brain abnormalities. Like maybe the Barbie bandit has a very thin frontal lobe. Her parents seemed really nice and normal.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:35 PM

Don't go for the "parents seem nice and normal" thing.

Remember the unabomber? His brother, the LESS socially maladapted one, lived in a ditch for a couple of years. Parents didn't seem that abnormal.

In the book Whoever Fights Monsters, by Robert Ressler, the guy who started up the FBI VICAP(Vicious Criminal Apprehension Program) and coined the phrase, "serial killer," wrote about Ed Kemper, whose mom was a quite normal lady, seemingly. Kemper wound up killing her. Ressler, describing Kemper's upbringing, said his mother made her house virtually a "factory for producing serial killers", to paraphrase.

Just like the story of a couple, the story of a family is one that outsiders can never really know, though it might seem perfectly apparent. Most people know not to air out their dirty laundry in public, but there is plenty of dirty laundry about. Putting on a front is an elementary survival skill in life even for harmless people with quite ordinary lives. That we can walk by people's strange and varied lives unsuspecting is no surprise. The world would find ways to punish them severely if we couldn't. All anyone is necessarily doing by putting up a socially acceptable front is following the path of least resistance in a landscape of stark alternatives.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:59 PM

OH WOW [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] WOW [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] WOW!

So You Think You Can Dance....West Coast Swing is AWESOME!!

People on the west coast - tune in and watch So You Think You Can Dance (3rd or 4th dance, can't remember right now). You do not want to miss it if you like dance! I promise you.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Pasha! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't go for the "parents seem nice and normal" thing.

Remember the unabomber? His brother, the LESS socially maladapted one, lived in a ditch for a couple of years. Parents didn't seem that abnormal.

In the book Whoever Fights Monsters, by Robert Ressler, the guy who started up the FBI VICAP(Vicious Criminal Apprehension Program) and coined the phrase, "serial killer," wrote about Ed Kemper, whose mom was a quite normal lady, seemingly. Kemper wound up killing her. Ressler, describing Kemper's upbringing, said his mother made her house virtually a "factory for producing serial killers", to paraphrase.

Just like the story of a couple, the story of a family is one that outsiders can never really know, though it might seem perfectly apparent. Most people know not to air out their dirty laundry in public, but there is plenty of dirty laundry about. Putting on a front is an elementary survival skill in life even for harmless people with quite ordinary lives. That we can walk by people's strange and varied lives unsuspecting is no surprise. The world would find ways to punish them severely if we couldn't. All anyone is necessarily doing by putting up a socially acceptable front is following the path of least resistance in a landscape of stark alternatives.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear what you're saying. After I wrote my post I sat there and pondered it for a minute. I mean you know what they say about strippers. How a lot of them have had some kind of abuse in their past? But really, who knows what happened with that girl. You would not believe how spoiled and shallow she was!

Nevertheless, don't you think it's possible for very kind, responsible parents to raise a narcissistic little bum? I mean I've known plenty of families where all but one sibling turns out really great. I still think people make their own choices and go against their parents values all the time.