Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 11:43 AM

Default Standard Flop spot checkup

$60/45 turbo tourney on stars, cEV & $EV haven't diverged, no real reads. More interested in the general spot & if I have a leak here. Tell me if you'd play it differently in a $10 compared to a $60.
We have to bet/call a shove here right? Ahead too much & too vulnerable not to bet for value/protection & too much equity against a range consisting of a lot of draws to fold to a shove, right?
What are we doing with 88 here? A3?
I think this spot should be fairly simple but I'm starting to doubt myself.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button (t4555)
SB (t3520)
BB (t5595)
UTG (t2730)
Hero (t4895)
CO (t3845)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t450</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls t375, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t975) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks
Old 11-10-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Standard Flop spot checkup

Im guessing you have Ks9s and not Kh9h? check behind seems ok with Kh9h? and call lots of turn bets, and not so many river bets(depending on read of player, card on river etc etc). With Ks9s I get it all in here somehow, never folding
Old 11-10-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Standard Flop spot checkup

Nah the post was correct and I have Kh9h. I've nevertheless always looked to bet/call shove in this spots because free cards seem pretty bad &amp; I can't be that far behind his shoving range if there's a gazzilion draws out there, but people don't seem to semibluff as much as I expect...was looking for other thoughts here