5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $103.45
CO: $194.6
Button: $39.8
SB: $58.7
Hero: $631.79

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $7</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $24</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($50, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $32.7</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($115.4, 2 players)

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($115.4, 2 players)

Results:
Final pot: $115.4
<font color="#ffffff">SB shows Ks Qs </font>
<font color="#ffffff">SB mucks Ks Qs </font>
Old 07-18-2007, 05:08 PM

Default Re: SSNL POKER [cheese] thread JULY PT 2

[ QUOTE ]
Half July. I can not lose when I play these days. Why do I have nearly zero desire to play then?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know exactly what you mean. I've been running super hot the last week at 16 PTBB/100 and it's VERY hard to sit down and play a session. When I'm losing I can sit for two days straight, 10 hours a day but when I'm winning...... meh.. Rakeback is one motivator for me as it's the only money I cash out but it's not always enough.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
X-Post from the going pro thread. Figure the more public places I have this the better my motivation during bad runs.

"
All this talk got me wanting to put my plan on paper, b/c I will not survive in Corp. America the rest of my life.

My Plan to play poker full time, by Poker_is_Hard.
I started with $200
- Play .5/1 or under until 3k Bank Roll....... complete.
- Move to 1/2 and build Bank Roll to 5k..... In Progress
- Cash out profit to pay off 5k in credit card debt
- Cash out profit to build out poker office, desk, computer, two monitors, etc ~4k..
- Build Bank Roll to 8k
- Move to 2/4
- Build Bank Roll to 10k
- Cash out profit to pay off Car ~11k
- Cash out profit to pay off student loans ~17k
- Build Bank Roll to 12k
- Move to 3/6
- Build Bank Roll to 15k
- Pay off Condo ~120k
- Build Bank Roll to 20k
- Cash out 50k profit "War Chest"
* Tell Corporate America to "Shove it" and retire

I plan to get this done in about 2 years. Large Downswings may require moving back down in stakes... for example 3k = move up to 1/2,,, 2k = move down to .5/1, etc. So I may hit a bad downswing while paying off my car and need to move down stakes, I would then need to rebuild my roll before resuming the car payoff step.

I play about 30 hours a week, and currently only 2 table on my laptop. The plan is to 4 table once I get my second bedroom turned into an office with some nice monitors.

It will be fun to look back on the post in 6m 1y and 2y to see how I'm doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have $5k in credit card debt, you should seriously be cashing out a lot earlier to pay that off. Not necessarily all of it, because having a roll is necessary for making money, but I'd seriously consider it more important than building a 1/2 roll.

BTW I think 3-5k is underrolled for 1/2 anyway.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:13 PM

Meh, if the only money I ever cashed out was rakeback I'd be playing 10/20 by now. I suck at impulse purchases.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh, if the only money I ever cashed out was rakeback I'd be playing 10/20 by now. I suck at impulse purchases.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the bright side; you're much more of a solid player now than you would be if you had climbed the stakes faster. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm staking a buddy of mine, gave him $200 to start with and told him to play NL10. So last night he gets wasted and loses $60 at NL25 and $20 at NL10. I wake up today and he is 2 tabling NL25 on a $120 roll. I told him explicitly to stay at NL10 until you have at least $250, but nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Why is bankroll management so hard to understand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Give him a call now and tell him if he doesnt drop down your ending the staking agreement and want whats left of the stake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I told him to get his [censored] together or he would owe me the money and he said it wouldn't happen again.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the bright side; you're much more of a solid player now than you would be if you had climbed the stakes faster. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you come to that conclusion? If I was playing higher I would be playing better players thus (theoretically) becoming better myself. At 200NL all I learn to do is beat fish and the crappy Regs.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the down side; you're much more broke now than you would be if you had climbed the stakes faster. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-18-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you have $5k in credit card debt, you should seriously be cashing out a lot earlier to pay that off. Not necessarily all of it, because having a roll is necessary for making money, but I'd seriously consider it more important than building a 1/2 roll.

BTW I think 3-5k is underrolled for 1/2 anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its low APR debit so I'm not paying too much in interest. I wanted to move up to 200NL before I started cashing out to impove my hourly rate.

I don't see why 3k-5k is under rolled for 200NL. Remember that 2k would mean a move back to 100NL until I get back to 3k.

Once I have 15 buyins I move up.
If I end up with only 20 buyins of the lower level, I move down. Is there a hole in this plan, other than not sticking to it?

edit: typo
Old 07-18-2007, 05:22 PM

@poker_is_hard

Hmm dunno at which point of your plan you are going pro, but imo u need atleast 50bi roll for current limit ie. 10k for 200nl + some liquid assets(?) for about 6 months of living.

I was going to go pro if this month would be good, but as u cant see my graph on previous page... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Oh well i still have 12 days :P

Anyway good luck [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread