Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Interesting OPR stats

Nice location there.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:40 PM

A high ITM% could indicate playing a lot of satellites and 18-man MTTs, especially if this is on Full Tilt since Full Tilt requires you to play the tournament you satellited into.

For example, on Full Tilt I play far more satellites than standard MTTs. I have a 25% ITM and -14% ROI over the last few months. The ITM% is high because of the satellites, the ROI is negative because I've done poorly in the tournaments I satellited into.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:55 PM

Obv we are talking about a particular long winded player who manages to eloquently say nothing.

BTW, carrothead5's stats are more amusing.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:22 PM

This is why Watts specializes in satellites.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:38 PM

Variance.

This player's ITM is too high for him to be that much of a losing player, so he's playing very large field sizes; consistent with small buyins. he's not making big scores.

I'd look at his late middle game for improvement; but wouldn't be surprised if he's just playing 1000+ player tournaments and not running well.

Does anyone know if these statistics treat a rebuy as only the initial buyin or ur total expense in the tourney?
Old 10-22-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This guy is a regular HSMTT poster on 2+2... anyone guess who it is?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's baltostar, and he plays a lot of the $8 18 man sats for $26 tokens. These sats are way easy, and infalte a players ITM%. For instance I have an ITM% of 33%, which doesn't really reflect how often I'm ITM in real MTTs. However, I don't have an ROI of -25%.

PS Congratulations on posting up a fellow 2+2ers stats presumably so that yourself and others can laugh at him and feel better about yourselves.

Remind me how this post will help me to play better poker?
Old 10-22-2007, 04:45 PM

just put him on ignore now and stop worrying about baltostar
Old 10-22-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This guy is a regular HSMTT poster on 2+2... anyone guess who it is?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's baltostar, and he plays a lot of the $8 18 man sats for $26 tokens. These sats are way easy, and infalte a players ITM%. For instance I have an ITM% of 33%, which doesn't really reflect how often I'm ITM in real MTTs. However, I don't have an ROI of -25%.

PS Congratulations on posting up a fellow 2+2ers stats presumably so that yourself and others can laugh at him and feel better about yourselves.

Remind me how this post will help me to play better poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, fair point to a certain extent. But baltostar does continiously give bad advice about poker, specifically talking about reducing variance and avoiding risk. The fact that his tsats show a high ITM and a low ROI are pertinant to that debate.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:07 PM

If you're looking for advice from players with good OPR stats, then follow Bakes advice and ignore baltostar.

I think this post is really inappropriate. This forum is not for anyone to win a debate, prove themselves right or others wrong.

This forum is for poker players to discuss poker -- specific hands, whole HHs, situations, theory, etc -- so that they can better understand the game and move forward toward their goals in playing.

The worst posts come when ego gets involved and suddenly people feel the need to be right, as opposed to offering a logical counterpoint, argument, pointing out weakness in another argument, etc.

Certainly baltostar is guilty of ignoring the points of others in his crusade to prove to all that read that he a genius on a level incomprehensible to us mere mortals.

If you don't like his posts ignore him, or don't read them. Attempting to embarrass him is juvenile.

I hope one of the mods will delete this thread.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:09 PM

I don't want to say anything bad about anyone, but he is obviously not a successful high stakes player, and that was pretty obvious from his posts. You can pretty well tell who knows what they are talking about.

He wins entries into big Sunday tournaments, posts from those, and makes posts in HSMTT trying to act like he is some big expert.

I suppose we could have made things more exclusive to keep people like that out, but there is a lot less posted here than SSMTT anyway, and people will pretty much figure out if they are not welcome.