Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Re: persistence in pickups

Stop over-analyzing.

You shouldn't care and should just be yourself. The fact that you care enough to make a post asking for advice shows that you've lost already. Chillllll Winston!
Old 03-31-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Seriously.
You expect her to come ALONE after you'd met ONCE at a bar (sketch) and you EFFING FORGOT HER NAME!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, fluff makes a good point. Even if she really likes you, a lot of girls have "rules" about not meeting the random guy from the bar to be safe.

Anyway, I think you can read the situation from the way she acted at the show. If she was flirty then hook it up, if she was trying to avoid you, then forget it.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:57 AM

Hook up with her friends. Duh!
Old 03-31-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
she shows up 45 minutes late with 3 girlfriends and a weak excuse

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see what the problem is. Women tend to run late and if you get four of them together, they're almost guaranteed not to be on time. She brought her friends because she likes you and wants to see you again but feels awkward about the way you met.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously.
You expect her to come ALONE after you'd met ONCE at a bar (sketch) and you EFFING FORGOT HER NAME!? i can't believe she even showed up! Of course she must've been remotely interested or she wouldn't have come, she brought her girlfriends in case you rejected her upon sight because you clearly don't even rememer meeting her.

you must be very charming when you're blacked out [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fluff is spot on here.

Learn to look at things from a girl's perspective rather than using lame PUA crap that tries to take advantage of their insecurities. You will get much farther in the long run.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:15 PM

The aim is to act like someone who has 10 other girls waiting to have sex with him. While this isn't true for most people, it's the attitude that girls seem to be attracted to.

In that mindset, if you had a bunch of other girls waiting to sex you that night, or that wknd, or what have you...would you have put up with this girl? Or is it more likely that you're putting up with her BS because you need her sex?

Also, persistance is more related to different girls, as people have said. You need to not be phased by being rejected, because in your mind you know that if one particular girl doesn't want you a handful of others are waiting right behind her.

In terms of persisting with the same girl, there is a very fine line between pushing through her [censored] tests and being needy. It's one of the harder things to recognize and the only thing I can recommend is be confidant and non-desperate. It's all about inner game and how you feel about yourself, not actual "tactics"
Old 03-31-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never seen one of these PUA sites, link please?

[/ QUOTE ]

www.fastseduction.com/guide/ but it apears to be neg hitting me right now.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:45 PM

fluff, some more details then:

-we have several mutual friends
-small university campus
-we're both in the same college (engineering) - she's 07, I'm 08
-she liked me enough that night to take me home, and drive me home the next day sober (i didnt have enough money for a cab and was upfront about it)
-sober talk wasn't awkward
-i got her number sober, she said "of course" i can have it

honestly i dont really care if she brought girlfriends for security if it crash-and-burns, but she didn't bother calling that she was late, and when she finally got there she didn't bother approaching me, i finally realized she was there when i saw her across the room. at that point i had chalked it up to a practical joke for me forgetting her name. again though i her benefit i was hanging out with cute female coworkers when she walked in (after sitting alone for a good 35 minutes)

her excuse for being late was that two cars were driving and each thought she was with the other, so they had to come back when they realized they left her. bs imo because if she had wanted to be there and make a good impression, she would have driven herself once they left w/o her.

[ QUOTE ]
OK, so how did IBOTB go?

[/ QUOTE ]
by the time i realized she was there the set was basically over. i approached her, we had conversation for 10 minutes, didn't manage to get past fluff talk in that time before her friends were leaving and she didn't want to miss her ride, so she left. she asked "will you be out this weekend" [at the bars] I said "maybe, I'll call you" (fish move i know, it kinda slipped out). hugged her and kissed her on the cheek and left.

[ QUOTE ]
Learn to look at things from a girl's perspective rather than using lame PUA crap that tries to take advantage of their insecurities

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont believe in taking advantage of their insecurities. as stated i'm using the site to learn how to be more extroverted and social with women. im not out to bang them all, im out to meet people, and hey if an emotional connection is there, well i wont turn down the physical mirror of it
Old 03-31-2007, 12:48 PM

fluff and others,

He went home with the girl. Of course it's reasonable to expect her to meet him alone at a bar after that.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So a pickup forum gives you conflicting advice, you get confused, and turn to a poker forum for clarification...

[/ QUOTE ]

I post my HH's on PUA when I get mixed feedback here. You'd be surprised how well they analyze hands over there.

[/ QUOTE ]
i thought about it but they're a bit over-the-top, i dont think some afc advice would go terribly wrong here
Old 03-31-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fluff and others,

He went home with the girl. Of course it's reasonable to expect her to meet him alone at a bar after that.

[/ QUOTE ]
i was starting to think i was crazy for a little while there