Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Another Chipotle Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jesus after reading all of this I'd hate to work at Chipotle. Half this, a few drops of that, wrong beans! I would imagine that everytime one of you guys makes some sort of request the employee tries to kill you with his laser eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps you've never been to Chipotle. They have three people for each step of the process. Given a bean preference between two varieties, it shouldn't be difficult to scoop the correct one. But I'm totally with you on the meat part. I mean, YOU WANT TWO SCOOPS OF MEAT!?!?!? AND DIFFERENT MEATS!? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KEEP UP WITH THIS!!!?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been there many times and they are about as well organized as you can make it. I'm commenting more on the fact you have a line out the door, it's loud as hell, and you're making a pretty crappy hourly wage each time someone makes a special request or you can't hear them or whatever, your screw is going to tighen just a little bit. Right or wrong, eventually you're going to have complete contempt to your customers and each time they ask for something that you're not used to you're going to want to kill them. I think that's the problem with the reverse buffet style where you specify as you go what you want...

Enough of my rant. Chipolte rocks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever worked at a fast food place? After you get any proficiency at a job it doesn't matter if it's a standard order or not, you hear all kinds of whacky requests and orders and you just make them so you don't have to deal with it.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ask for 1/2 chicken, 1/2 steak and thank me later- you'll get a lot more meat because they are dumb and can't to halves well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been doing this for years and I've been telling people the exact same thing! Great value.

Also, I prefer pinto beans myself and I have definitely run into this problem often... in fact I usually dont fight it and let them put the black beans on because I don't like pinto that much more... but it's a little discouraging.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:12 PM

the only problem i ever have is that i always get no rice on my burrito. the first 3-4 times i said this during my initial order of a burrito but they always forgot and put it on there anyways so i had to adjust and just order and wait until they reach for the rice to say no rice.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:19 PM

they just opened a Chipotle in ann arbor a few weeks ago. it is basically across the street from a Qdoba's. i like both of them about the same. whats the difference? oh and the green tabasco sauce like makes the burrito imo.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like both of them about the same. whats the difference?

[/ QUOTE ] Qdoba has more options and dont charge for guac. Theyre very similar though.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:35 PM

Just wanted to bump to say f Chipotle, tried it once and it sucked. Everything precooked? Lol, what is to seperate us from Taco Bell people?

360 Burrito makes their burritos fresh to order.
Steak and prawn burrito with some spicy sweet and sour sauce from the salsa bar.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:37 PM

Shut it tito.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just wanted to bump to say f Chipotle, tried it once and it sucked. Everything precooked? Lol, what is to seperate us from Taco Bell people?

360 Burrito makes their burritos fresh to order.
Steak and prawn burrito with some spicy sweet and sour sauce from the salsa bar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Had it once??? Hardly a fair sample size Tito...
Old 07-09-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone want to franchise out a Chipotle? Irvine, CA seriously needs one. There's all these damn businesses here, but there's not one in Irvine. The nearest one is about a 5 mile drive away. Considering there are like 4 Baja Freshes closer than that to me, it's too damn far away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Update on my situation since my move to LA:

Chipotle is now a half mile from my place, an easy walk to grab some tasty dinner or weekend lunch. I am very happy now.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Their food isn't very good either. We have a place here in NY called Moe's Southwestern food or something, it's MUCH better. Even the ghetto burrito place on the corner where I live in Philly is MUCH better than Chipotle's.

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, Moe's is [censored] disgusting and basically worse than Qdoba, which is pretty bad. Chipotle is far better than either of those.