Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 09:21 PM

Default WTF w/ disturbing murders in the news lately?

Chris Benoit murdering wife and kid.

Cutts, the cop killing his gf, the pregnant mother of his other child.

Crazy tattoo Aryan guy shooting cop and going on big chase.

I didn't really have much to say, just wanted to vent about what is an unusually disturbing set of big news stories in rapid succession. This is the first time in a while I have read a bunch of isolated stories like this (not talking about huge tragedies that everyone collectively mourns about) and thought, wow, that is some really unusual and disturbing crap. Takes a lot to say that based on how routine pretty heinous murders are in the news.

Especially the first two. Probably wouldn't have even mentioned the third except for how crazy the dude looked w/ all those face tattoos.

Makes me wish Paris Hilton had stayed the top story.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:28 PM

Default Re: WTF w/ disturbing murders in the news lately?

Killings go on all the time.

It just happen that the recent killings involved a former athlete and cops.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:31 PM

SH,

It's not the participants as much as the circumstances that make these especially disturbing to me.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:26 PM

ElD,

I have been thinking the same thing lately. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] The multiple isolated incidents are more disturbing to me, too, cause it just makes me think WTF is wrong with people.

Am I allowed to make light of the subject of disturbing deaths?
Old 06-28-2007, 12:12 AM

ElD,

Tragically thousands of innocent people are murdered in the United States every year, yet only a select few are ever really publicized by the news media. The media is in the business of selling advertising, and gruesome murders certainly titilate the average person's curiosity. When there's dead airspace to fill, the crime beat is always an old media standby to attract eyeballs. Its unfortunate for the select few victims who are exploited in this way, but as long as Americans' are fascinated by it, the media will continue to cover these "gruesome" murders.

FWIW, here's the gruesome murder the Arizona media are currently sensationalizing.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...en0627-ON.html
Old 06-28-2007, 12:20 AM

not to mention this one

A-hole murdered his wife and two daughters last week in Berkeley. His wife was a physician who's practice was failing. In the note the prick cited financial difficulties and a lack of attractive alternatives. WTF?!?!? One of the family earners is a doctor! How can there not be alternatives?
Old 06-28-2007, 12:47 AM

Here is another very recent one from Toronto - http://www.thestar.com/article/229868. I think this is just a coincidence.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I didn't really have much to say, just wanted to vent about what is an unusually disturbing set of big news stories in rapid succession. This is the first time in a while I have read a bunch of isolated stories like this (not talking about huge tragedies that everyone collectively mourns about) and thought, wow, that is some really unusual and disturbing crap. Takes a lot to say that based on how routine pretty heinous murders are in the news.

Especially the first two. Probably wouldn't have even mentioned the third except for how crazy the dude looked w/ all those face tattoos.

[/ QUOTE ]

El D your slipping...

Links ftw [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2007, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need a seperate thread for glorifying last week as quite possibly the greatest week in weird news history. Everything from Alligators biting golfers, spiders and lobsters getting the same treatment rights as dogs and horses, Kobyashi gets jaw arthritis, 40 year old track coach marries 16 year old stundent, man strangles rabid attacking bobcat, Australian guy finishes off the wank after being stabbed twice, Juneteeth celebrators[mob?] kill a dude in Texas, Guy in yacht films volcano rise out of the ocean and a host of others that I'm forgetting. All of this was set against bizarre murders.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:52 AM

This thread sucks because Paris was brought up AGAIN. Can we have one [censored] day without talking about this retard?

fyc
Closed Thread