FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Whats the plan?
Tournaments 13 54.17%
Ring Games 11 45.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2007, 02:47 AM

Default Re: NBA HoFers

[ QUOTE ]
Laettner is in. He had one of the best college careers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do other NCAA guys have to do much in the NBA to get in? Does it matter much?

Laettner IMO is the best college player ever, or at least since I've been alive. Lou Al Cinder and Walton were good obviously but I didn't see them in college. I'm not sure if they consider your entire career including NBA or what. Laettner wasn't terrible in the NBA, he just was never a star or anything.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:53 PM

Yea and he also carried the bags for the Dream Team!

Like many have said in this thread, NBA needs its own HoF
Old 05-24-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Laettner is in. He had one of the best college careers.

I think I remember seeing the Rodman has the 2nd highest winning % ever. I think #1 is Duncan.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Laettner is in, do you think Danny Manning is in as well?
Old 05-24-2007, 07:34 PM

Im assuming Barkley is already inducted, otherwise i dont know why he wouldnt have been mentioned. If Christian L. gets in on merit of his college achievements..then Glen Rice and Larry Johnson should certainly be in, no?
Old 05-24-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im assuming Barkley is already inducted, otherwise i dont know why he wouldnt have been mentioned. If Christian L. gets in on merit of his college achievements..then Glen Rice and Larry Johnson should certainly be in, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Christian went to 4 FFs and won 2 titles and was the consensus POY once.

Rice went to 1 FF, 1 title; LJ went to 2 FFs, 1 title.

Laettner's college career was far superior to either of those guys.

There's a lot of levelling going on in this thread, right?

Mutumbo being the 9th best center in the league = HOF?

Chris Paul?!?
Old 05-24-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also with HOF debates, you gotta remember that it's humans doing the voting and that certain human emotions come into play. Webber and Vince Carter both have the reputations of being chokers basically. Guys who can pad the stats but when it their team needs them they don't show up. Is it fair? Probably not. But those two are guys who are hurt by their reputations. Whereas, Grant Hill and Mourning are both well spoken, charitable, overcoming injuries/disease etc, and would stand to get a boost from the media when they may not actually be as deserving.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say that Vince's reputation as being a choker and soft is well-deserved.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:05 PM

Ok here are my guys that play right now that are in the HOF right now -
Shaq
Shaq is the most dominant I've ever seen. Not close. I remember watching the blazers focus their entire defense on slowing him down and my dad and I would high five towards the halfway point of the fourth quarter at the stadium because we thought we slowed him down and his line was something like 28-10-5. (Like 2001-2002). When the blazers played the lakers back then they couldn't care a less about Kobe or anyone else. With that strategy they took a 15 or so point lead into the 4th quarter at LA in the 7th game of the western conference finals (and guys like Brian Shaw decided to blow up, and our guys decided to shoot [censored] jumpers, still pissed about it). I just think a lot of people don't understand how much better he was than everyone else on the court in his prime. Amazes me when I hear that he wasn't working that hard. Just amazing. If he could've shot free throws 80%, I think he would've ruined the game.
Kobe
Haven't seen much of him live, but on TV right now he's the best scorer by far. Put him somewhere with a half decent team or even a top 15 teammate (Pau Gasol type) and who knows what he could do. If he isn't crazy and sticks with Shaq for the next 6 or so years I really don't know who beats them. The Detroit series seemed so flukey. (Tay Tay did a really good job defending Kobe, and guys like Sheed always did well against Shaq, but still, if that team is not imploding i'm not sure they lose that series.) San Antonio? Please.
KG
Duncan
Another guy I remember watching play. Just turned the game completing boring where you'd just turn to your friend and chat and next thing you saw you were down by 12. Didn't do anything special at all. Could talk much more about Parker and Ginobli and their skills. We'd score like 80 maybe everytime we played the spurs. He shuts down a guy like Z-Randolph who can do almost anything against anyone on the offensive end. Maybe I just don't understand the game enough, but Duncan just absolutely dominates every big man in the NBA right now and it's just skill and guile. Also, every team he ever plays on has a great (if not the best) chance to win the title. I just think about trading Duncan for a lot of teams and how good that team is. Like houston, if you trade Duncan for Yao (not that this happens, just put him in that situation) is that team not the finals favorite? Even put him on a [censored] team like the Wiz and he doesn't make them an eastern conference walk and could beat the Suns in the finals?
Nash
Really a shame that the SA - PHX series had the suspensions. Nash throughout the series gets an elbow to the nose and huge bleeding, a knee to the groin, and a good ol NHL body check. This leads to two of his best two players being suspended for a pivotal game. Used to not be a believer, but he really leads his team and is such a threat on offense that teams have to focus on him which lets the other guys really thrive. Also, guys like Nash always get in the HOF, no doubt he's in.
Kidd
Really took those 02-04 Nets teams much farther than they should've gone. One of those guys that you really want to see running the floor in an all-star game every year. When you think he's washed up, he keeps throwing up triple doubles in the playoffs. It's the eastern conference though, so who knows.
Iverson (close?)
Still will watch the replay of the game 1 LA-Philly Final where AI steps over Tyron Lue after nailing a three. Damn he's a warrior. Nash is maybe close to being that hard now.

I'm not sure about who's in right now and is retired. Looked it up on Wikipedia.

So far guys that are not in that should be.
Jordan
Stockton
Malone
Hakeem
Kareem
David Robinson
Pippen
Rodman (just win baby)
Payton (?)
Reggie Miller (these are both close I think, no hardware for Reggie, Payton's ring is kinda sloppy. Reggie is so clutch though, and Payton was soooo good.)
Old 05-25-2007, 12:57 AM

Is Drexler in already?
Old 05-25-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Drexler in already?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even put him on a [censored] team like the Wiz and he doesn't make them an eastern conference walk and could beat the Suns in the finals?

[/ QUOTE ]
had caron and gilbert not gone down, they would've repped the east in the finals.