Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Famous urban legends

[ QUOTE ]
Phil Collin's In The Air Tonight was about a man he witnessed letting a women drown.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he witnessed a man letting a woman drown, then HE let her drown as well, no?
Old 07-29-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Phil Collin's In The Air Tonight was about a man he witnessed letting a women drown.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always heard that phil was at a lake w/ friends, and he was on the other side of the lake, and one of his acquaintances let one of phil's friends drown, and phil couldnt get there in time to save him. Then at one of the concerts he put a spotlight on the guy, and sang that song to him, then the guy committed suicide.

none of this is true obv, but thats the story that is told around here.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always heard that phil was at a lake w/ friends, and he was on the other side of the lake, and one of his acquaintances let one of phil's friends drown, and phil couldnt get there in time to save him. Then at one of the concerts he put a spotlight on the guy, and sang that song to him, then the guy committed suicide.

none of this is true obv, but thats the story that is told around here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. The story i was told was that Phils girlfriend or wife was raped. Later, Phil and significant other saw the rapist drowning and elected to not help at all. Odd the stories we hear.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the story about the killer who calls the babysitter asking when she had checked up on the kids ruined my sh*t for like a month.. thinking about that situation was terrifying..

[/ QUOTE ]

got a full version of this?
Old 07-29-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the story about the killer who calls the babysitter asking when she had checked up on the kids ruined my sh*t for like a month.. thinking about that situation was terrifying..

[/ QUOTE ]

got a full version of this?

[/ QUOTE ]

A girl is babysitting a couple of kids, after she puts the kids to bed upstairs, the phone rings, and the voice on the otherside says "I see you", or something menacing. this happens a couple more times, then she calls the police to trace the call, and the cops say the call is comming from inside the house. Usually the babysitter gets killed, or she goes up to check on the kids and they are decapitated.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:46 PM

Personally, my fav;

A lady goes to teh grocery store on a very hot day, picks up a bunch of odds and ends and starts to drive home. As she is driving, she hears a gun shot, and is startled, she feels soemthing dripping on her neck, reaches back, adn feels brains coming out of her skull, she panics and crashes the car. Ambulance comes, and when she comes to, she finds out that it was a Pilsbury dough tube that exploded becuase of the heat.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:56 PM

Babysitter drops acid while watching the kids. Decides to cook a turkey in the microwave to feed them. Microwaves the baby by mistake.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, my fav;

A lady goes to teh grocery store on a very hot day, picks up a bunch of odds and ends and starts to drive home. As she is driving, she hears a gun shot, and is startled, she feels soemthing dripping on her neck, reaches back, adn feels brains coming out of her skull, she panics and crashes the car. Ambulance comes, and when she comes to, she finds out that it was a Pilsbury dough tube that exploded becuase of the heat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Mythbusters explored this one sufficiently to prove that it was actually plausible.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, my fav;

[/ QUOTE ]
Mythbusters explored this one sufficiently to prove that it was actually plausible.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, I saw that one, I think there are a lot of these stories that may have happened in some form, but are impossible to prove.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:11 PM

lol @ accidentally barbecuing a human baby. Hope that really happened.