Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Famous urban legends

[ QUOTE ]
The story of a man named John Titor that travelled here from the future and posted on some message board. His story is pretty convincing.

http://www.johntitor.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

john titor isnt an urban legend. it true. its just that the mere fact that he altered the course of history makes his predictions not come true.....
Old 08-19-2007, 01:02 PM

I have two.

The first is from the late 1970s. There was a persistent rumor that gasoline tanker trucks were seen out in the deserts east of LA, dumping gasoline on the ground. The theory was that so doing created an artificial gasoline shortage, leading to windfall Big Oil profits.

The second was that GM bought up the LA mass-transit system (trolleys) in the late 1930s in an effort to create a marketplace for its cars.

I suppose the JFK assassination conspiracies qualify as an urban legend, but that general subject is worth a separate treatise all on its own.

Next time I see Shaniac, I'm going to get in his grill and accuse him of being a babykiller.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have two.

The first is from the late 1970s. There was a persistent rumor that gasoline tanker trucks were seen out in the deserts east of LA, dumping gasoline on the ground. The theory was that so doing created an artificial gasoline shortage, leading to windfall Big Oil profits.

The second was that GM bought up the LA mass-transit system (trolleys) in the late 1930s in an effort to create a marketplace for its cars.

I suppose the JFK assassination conspiracies qualify as an urban legend, but that general subject is worth a separate treatise all on its own.

Next time I see Shaniac, I'm going to get in his grill and accuse him of being a babykiller.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, the streetcar thing actually happened and even went to the Supreme Court. GM, Firestone, and 2 oil companies were found guilty of violating the Sherman Antitrust Act, but only fined nominal amounts.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bump

In Manhattan a high school aged baby sitter is asked to walk the dog when the family goes on vacation. Each day after school she takes the dog out. She arrives one day to find the dog dead. Calls the family and is asked to transport the dead dog to the vet. The only thing available to carry the dog in is a suitcase. She takes the dog filled suitcase and boards the subway for the trip to the vet. Gets chatted up by a guy on the train, guy asks what's in the suitcase, she says, not to create a scene, "computer parts". Reaches her stop, guy disembarks with her. As they are walking up the stairs to street level, guy grabs the suitcase and runs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strangers talking to each other on a NY subway? So fake ldo. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2007, 02:14 PM

Marilyn Manson had 2 pairs of lower ribs removed so he could suck his own dick
Old 08-20-2007, 12:42 PM

Cross referenced from NVG thread on 'Return of Kurosh':

The Johnny Carson 'Move the Cat' story
Old 08-20-2007, 02:42 PM

Very fat chick is trying to lose weight by riding an exercise bike at night. The bike cant hold her weight, the seat breaks, and she is "impaled" by the steel bike support. She took roughly 13", and had a 2 or 3 hour surgery that night to repair vaginal and intestinal damage.