Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Different types of wealth

rwesty,

Sorry buddy. You:

Old 07-11-2007, 03:59 PM

Well, I agree pretty much - probably because that's the path I'm on.

I would point out, though, that at the moment that someone like me walks into your room and says something like "lyou have a mass in your lung..." that #3 jumps up pretty high.

MM MD
Old 07-11-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
type 1 wealth seems like masturbation, and fairly stupid to have as a goal.

[/ QUOTE ]

combined with

[ QUOTE ]
I live pretty cheaply, the reason I do this though, is so that I have as much "disposable" income as possible if I find a high risk, but possible high-reward place to put my money.

[/ QUOTE ]

means you either didn't understand the OP at all, really enjoy masturbating or just don't understand what the concept of saving is.

which one is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

mutually exclusive champ but this is besides the point. I can live cheaply and still live a life of excess compared to most (Im not going to divulge my secrets)- also besides the point. If you would have understood teh OP like I did, and emon backed me up w/, you would understand the whole exchange, and how savings compared to lifestyle is being understood here. Or do you want to keep sticking your foot in your mouth?
Old 07-11-2007, 05:33 PM

if you're choosing to live cheaply (so that you can have savings available for investments, high-risk or not) you're closer to type #1 than any of the others. it sounds like you want to classify yourself as #2 to avoid looking like a life nit but that simply isn't the case no matter what your awesome "secrets" are. not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you're choosing to live cheaply (so that you can have savings available for investments, high-risk or not) you're closer to type #1 than any of the others. it sounds like you want to classify yourself as #2 to avoid looking like a life nit but that simply isn't the case no matter what your awesome "secrets" are. not that there's anything wrong with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are wrong, you interpreted his post in teh wrong way, I understood what point he was trying to convey, you did not, and the OP has backed me up. just get over it already.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, so that's what u meant

but they aren't WEALTH...u are just asking do u prefer to live less richly now in order to save for a better future, or do u prefer to live it up as much as u can for your payscale with 'luxury items', or do u prefer to live it up as much as u can on travel/doing stuff

so 1 is a way of possibly getting to wealth one day, while 2/3 are just simply spending what u make, live paycheck to paycheck, with 2 valuing material items and 3 valuing experiences

so really u are asking do u care more about: saving for your future, having material items, or living for the present

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you all just got hung up on the poor choice of the word "wealth", but how was it not clear from the OP that this was what he was talking about?
Old 07-11-2007, 08:51 PM

quids says

[ QUOTE ]
I got the impression that he was talking about living like a pauper @ 25, so he'd be rich later. I may be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

emon87 says

[ QUOTE ]
Also, in type 1, you don't necessarily pick up every penny you see on the ground - rather, you save 15% or more of your pretax income, buy cheaply, etc. You're not living a third world life. Rather, you're just not living "like a millionaire" - you're living like an average blue collar worker.

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever, after actually reading the thread it looks like you already admitted to being wrong about what i was arguing since pauper = 3rd world life. i'm not sure why you can't admit this.

clearly the way to live is a balance of all 3 options unless you don't like doing anything (#1) or have an income that would never end without notice (#2/#3).
Old 07-11-2007, 10:11 PM

You don't always have your memories. In fact, the mind is the first to go. Sorry, kids, but only someone under 40 could have written that post!