Old 11-01-2007, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Best turn play?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what do u guys figure he shoves that i beat? just curious
i just sat down so i dunno what hes capable of but he has a nice stack so he might be decent.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're getting better than 4:1.

[/ QUOTE ]

thatd be just cause i priced myself in though

[/ QUOTE ]
Wtf? Yeah, you bet because you got value from Jx and random hands with one decent heart etc. The alternative is checking and push over a bet, but without a read that would be giving up value. If villain is a floater I crai.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno how often worse jacks pay off the turn here cause itd be a sizable bet and he didnt seem particularly fishy.
Plus, im really not in good shape against a flush (16% or something - so 4:1 isnt even good enough)

[/ QUOTE ]
Villain is unknown. An unknown will call with Jx often on the turn.

I know 4:1 isn't good enough assuming he has a flush. But sometimes he'll have a set (8 outs) or KhJ/XhJ or some ohther type of combo draw. Sometimes he'll have just Jx. You don't need many of these other combos to make up for the 4% in equity you need. This is a pretty easy b/c imo.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what do u guys figure he shoves that i beat? just curious
i just sat down so i dunno what hes capable of but he has a nice stack so he might be decent.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're getting better than 4:1.

[/ QUOTE ]

thatd be just cause i priced myself in though

[/ QUOTE ]
Wtf? Yeah, you bet because you got value from Jx and random hands with one decent heart etc. The alternative is checking and push over a bet, but without a read that would be giving up value. If villain is a floater I crai.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno how often worse jacks pay off the turn here cause itd be a sizable bet and he didnt seem particularly fishy.
Plus, im really not in good shape against a flush (16% or something - so 4:1 isnt even good enough)

[/ QUOTE ]
Villain is unknown. An unknown will call with Jx often on the turn.

I know 4:1 isn't good enough assuming he has a flush. But sometimes he'll have a set (8 outs) or KhJ/XhJ or some ohther type of combo draw. Sometimes he'll have just Jx. You don't need many of these other combos to make up for the 4% in equity you need. This is a pretty easy b/c imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont have much better equity against a set (plus its unlikely given flop) and i agree than if he has a heart and a j hell prob call - but i dont think he shoves that often - so i like the bet 25-30ish fold to a shove but still not sure. To answer sum1, i think if he flats and river blanks i would c/f pretty confidently - i doubt jacks pay me off often and there isnt really anything hed be bluffing with at this point. Another interesting question is what if i didnt have the ah - c/f turn? Im still not sure about actual hand, all options seem pretty close and any read would tilt it one way or the other, thx for feedback
Old 11-01-2007, 09:35 PM

i agree with nick here. bet/call the turn. you are making a valuebet, but if he shoves, you have the odds to call if you need it.

i don't see what else you can do. c/c, then c/f a blank river is pretty bad
Old 11-01-2007, 10:45 PM

bet /call
Old 11-01-2007, 10:52 PM

Is preflop standard? I don't even raise AQo half the time and I probably wouldn't without reads.

As for the turn, I bet close to pot and call shove.