Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 12-01-2007, 02:45 AM

Default Flop is QQQ, I have JJ.....whats a brother to do???

Villain is a thinking positionally aware player( He posts at 2p2 as well), running at 23/19/7.2 over 1k hands. He does not know i am 2p2 a the time, but I've been running hot against him, and abusing him when he was OOP.

I didn't 3 bet PF, because we had been tangling a bit at the table, and I don't mind flat calling JJ/TT in pos and playing a smaller pot.

Thoughts on the hand, I will add more later in the thread.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: $61
BB: $68.85
UTG: $57.65
CO: $26.90
Hero (BTN): $72

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $2, SB folds, BB folds

Flop: ($4.75) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, UTG calls $3

Turn: ($10.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $7</font>, Hero calls $7

River: ($24.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $45.65 and is All-In</font>, Hero folds

Results: $24.75 Pot ($1.20 Rake)
UTG mucked and WON $23.55 (+$11.55 NET)
Old 12-01-2007, 02:55 AM

Default Re: Flop is QQQ, I have JJ.....whats a brother to do???

lokos good wo me
Old 12-01-2007, 02:57 AM

Do you think he holds a Q here? I would definitely 3bet this preflop to get a better understanding of what he can be holding (if it's AA or KK or AK).
Old 12-01-2007, 02:58 AM

I don't know that I like flatting preflop.. because you had been tangling at the table, it should be more of a reason to 3-bet I think, because you'll get looked up lighter or he'll shove lighter. This should be the only reason why we're tangling with a decent player in the first place.

As played, I think he's bluffing about never, so I like the fold. I also like flop and turn I think, but I'm a bit unsure on the turn.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know that I like flatting preflop.. because you had been tangling at the table, it should be more of a reason to 3-bet I think, because you'll get looked up lighter or he'll shove lighter. This should be the only reason why we're tangling with a decent player in the first place.

As played, I think he's bluffing about never, so I like the fold. I also like flop and turn I think, but I'm a bit unsure on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will mix it up, 3 betting as well as flat calling. OOP it's an auto 3 bet, but with pos. probably 70/30. Depends on the player opening. I assumed his range had tightened with him being OOP on me, so I didn't mind the flat call. Turn was my real ?, I don't think I like the flat call, but I think raising sucks as well...
Old 12-01-2007, 03:12 AM

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well, but like, if he were to bet if the river came a 4, would you call?
Old 12-01-2007, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will mix it up, 3 betting as well as flat calling. OOP it's an auto 3 bet, but with pos. probably 70/30. Depends on the player opening. I assumed his range had tightened with him being OOP on me, so I didn't mind the flat call. Turn was my real ?, I don't think I like the flat call, but I think raising sucks as well...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're WA/WB vs Villain's raising range, so I think a flat call is okay on the turn.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah that's what I was thinking as well, but like, if he were to bet if the river came a 4, would you call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Would come down to bet sizing/game flow i would guess....I am a bit of a POW in these spots though [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2007, 03:24 AM

Yeah, well like, when he shoves, it's pretty obvious he has a Q or AA, and we can fold pretty easily.. I think it becomes a bit harder when he bets like 17 on river. I think this is played perfectly given the flat call pre.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:26 AM

Nice hand, I raise the turn to protect hand against Ace or King on river and get value (mostly latter). Probably have to call a shove but it's marginal. As played this is either you being value towned or the player is overly aggro/donk and is lighting money on fire with like 99.