Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy

Old 11-21-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Re: $100 bvb bbl 2-4 minraised with A3o

Scotty,
We are behind a lot of bluffs? Do people bluff ace high or pairs here? What better hands check fold this flop?
Old 11-21-2007, 11:12 PM

No matter what the flop will be , you will always be second guessing your hand and be sort of semi-bluffing when you bet the flop. Whether the flop is T22 or A64 or 269 or 239, any resistance from villain and you would have to fold. And any bet you make would be a (semi)bluff... and its even an obvious bluff.

I guess your reasoning for playing the hand is fine and certainly ~Break-Even EV. Imo it isnt worth the added stress/variance/attention though, certainly not if you are multitabling.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(rare bc I datamine the games 24/7)

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean?
It's a joke or how?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can datamine Party, no? Scotty plays Party exclusively if I understand him correctly.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:09 AM

datamining on party and full tilt is possible. one cannot data mine pokerstars.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Scotty,
We are behind a lot of bluffs? Do people bluff ace high or pairs here? What better hands check fold this flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant if he bluff crai with ace high, AJ,K,Q,9,8,7 etc

He may fold 33,44,55,66,77,88,99 although he played it stupid if he had any of those

Is it a leak that I would defend hands like weak aces and suited connectors to donk-minraises like this in the lategame - I feel like folding it getting 3-1 with position the rest of the hand would be brutal. Obviously alot of hands I am coming back over the top pre, but for 89s, QTo, A3o, etc type of hands, what is your play?
Old 11-22-2007, 04:19 AM

Scotty,
Let me expand on my post.
First of all as for pf its very close because shoving is either by far the best play or awful and nowhere in between most of teh time. The thing is most ppl are either minrasiing and snap calling or minraising and snap folding and they are rarely doing anything in between. So its very difficult to say what is best pf and it is highly villain dependent.
The thing is this board is super dry I can't imagine someone would crai A high as a bluff because you rarely have 33-99 and you are never folding Tx or a 2. A high is the best hand a lot of the time here in fact I would not always bet this flop. I think a lot of times you can check and call a bet or maybe two. Anyways if you decide to bet flop I think villain would not crai A high. and he rarely has a pocket pair. From time to time he will have a big pair a ten or a 2. But for the most part his value shoving range is pretty small. As well once he checks the flop and you bet 1/2 pot he could easily spazz with like 8 high or something because nobody ever has a hand on this board.

Anyways I don't have specific enough reads but I think you have the best hand a ton and even though checking him gives a chance to improve to a 6 outer it might be the best play. If I bet the flop I shouldn't say I'm snap calling a c/r but certianly some % of the time(this depends on timing more specific reads etc..) if you bet flop you need to call his rai with A3
Old 11-22-2007, 05:02 AM

I really don't like calling with Arag even in position. I guess because you are getting min raised though, it can't be bad.

But, his calling range is only part of the decision. Same with when you open push. Open pushing A3o is only going to get called by better hands barring being really short. But, that doesn't mean it's not +EV if he's folding enough.

Same situation here, if he's min raising wide enough, it really doesn't matter what he's calling with. So, readless I guess I just flat because your very unsure of his range and the implications of being wrong about his range are >>> than being right. I'd like to fold, but you can't really to a min raise I guess.

Now the flop. I think he'd normally c-bet a good A, or some other hand that is going to play poor oop but he thinks is good. So, I think if you bet, you are either getting c/r or folding out worse hands. I'd be looking to check this down.

If he checks the turn you could maybe min bet to get a cheap showdown.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:06 AM

Just to clarify what eagles was saying wrt to his actual wording in the first post was:

He is only betting if he's willing to call a c/r all in, because he thinks Ahigh is good enough here not to turn it into a bluff.

Is that correct eagles?