Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 12:30 PM

Default NL50 - AK oop vs shortstack on discussting board

Hand 1:

Villain is 16/10/2.5 over 52 (mostly datamined) hands, havent been involved in a hand with him so far.

Titan No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25/$0.50BB (Titan HH Converter by Kreatief)

Button ($120.29)
SB ($49.50) (Hero)
BB ($42.10)
MP2 ($50.00)
MP3 ($46.50)
CO ($22.55)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to 1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to 6.0</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, CO calls $4.75,

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( $13 )
Hero?

Assuming he would have 4bet aa/kk pre, his current range is probably somewhere aroun Ajo+, TT-QQ.

Should I just c/f this flop or lead out for half pot in the hope that he called with tt or some small pp, but this would allow him to play perfectly against me?

Im just lost on what to do
Old 11-18-2007, 12:40 PM

Default Re: NL50 - AK oop vs shortstack on discussting board

I'm open shoving or check/raising all in here vs a short stack. We might be dead to a 10 wich is not that bad and you will get some information on his game relatively cheap.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm open shoving or check/raising all in here vs a short stack. We might be dead to a 10 wich is not that bad and you will get some information on his game relatively cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]
Could you maybe elaborate on the merit of open shoving a bit? His stats suggests he has some clue of what hes doing and I haven't seen him do anything stupid yet(apart from buying in short ofc).

Doesnt open shoving allow him to play perfectly as he will fold all smaller pp that he might called with pre and snapcalls with aq,aj,jj and qq(and maybe the odd ak for a split).
Old 11-18-2007, 12:45 PM

push flop.

Play like you flopped top 2 or a set -make him make the tough decision for his tiny stack - we can reload and still cover him if he drags the pot. We still got outs to split if he has 2 pir - and 3+ outs to a better 2pair depending on what he has - he might well have Ace rag here and call you down.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:50 PM

Well .. first of all i dislike shortstacks and dont give them credit for a hand.
Second i think that preflop call is a smaller pocket pair more than it is AQ AJ QQ etc. if he knows what hes doing he'll know hes way behing with AQ AJ and hands like that and with his stack will push JJ QQ even 10 10.

I do the push for protection from a wierd gutshot/fd and it may push him off bottom 2 pair if he turns out to be tight/weak.
Ive been playing with alot of donks alot lately wich might have affected my judgement abit [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
push flop.

Play like you flopped top 2 or a set -make him make the tough decision for his tiny stack - we can reload and still cover him if he drags the pot. We still got outs to split if he has 2 pir - and 3+ outs to a better 2pair depending on what he has - he might well have Ace rag here and call you down.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ran it through stove, and for shoving to be breakeven he would have to call with JJ-QQ, and a9+.
So I guess a shove probably is the ideal play, im still not ocnvinced tough that a fairly tight player will show up with a9 here...
Old 11-18-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well .. first of all i dislike shortstacks and dont give them credit for a hand.
Second i think that preflop call is a smaller pocket pair more than it is AQ AJ QQ etc. if he knows what hes doing he'll know hes way behing with AQ AJ and hands like that and with his stack will push JJ QQ even 10 10.

I do the push for protection from a wierd gutshot/fd and it may push him off bottom 2 pair if he turns out to be tight/weak.
Ive been playing with alot of donks alot lately wich might have affected my judgement abit [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you, I do see your point about him pushing pre with those hands, didnt consider that yet.

I usually dont respect shorties either, but his stats werent those of an ordinary shorty spewtard :P
Old 11-18-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I usually dont respect shorties either, but his stats werent those of an ordinary shorty spewtard :P

[/ QUOTE ]

over 50 hands stats aren't that meaningful tbh. Maybe he was card dead for 35 hands - maye he is a nit we can't really tell yet - but we flopped TPTK in a pot where the remaining stack left in play is JUST over the pot size. Folding here is terrible and any bet gets us potstuck. Just push and get it overwith - he folds here often enough to make it +EV i think even if he only called with better hands.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:13 PM
 is offline

Just shove. If this is a live game shove and spit in his face for being a shortstacker [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Just kiddin

Tbh, I like these stack sizes at my table