Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness

Old 11-01-2007, 11:44 AM

Default November [censored] thread

November goals? I don't know keep doing what I'm doing... Last workout of Oct had me at 95 # standing press, 80 # dumbell press, 25# weighted pull ups (only sets of 3), 205# squat, 225# DL....
Old 11-01-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Re: November [censored] thread

Continue Starting Strength. Start thinking about programming changes. break the 180 lb plateau in my bench and 110 lb in military press. Get under 20% bf (currently ~21.5% at 218). I'd like to make a squat and DL goal but I don't what kind of plateaus await me.

It'd be great if I could get my 1RM to 300 for my deadlift. Not sure how realistic that is.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:16 PM

BLECH I just threw out my whole tub of MetRx chocolate flavored, that stuff is so foul I can't drink it. It was super cheap at Trader Joe's and I thought I'd try it, what a waste.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:48 PM

i let my zone diet log die because i won my weight loss bet and have been eating about 90% zone and it isn't too exciting to report on.

just got the second edition of starting strength and will be implementing it into my programming after i finish reading it completely and if it doesn't interfere with this:

i am starting a month long challenge with 2 other crossfit guys, both probably fitter than me but we all have our strengths and weaknesses.

it will involve doing the workout of the day off the main site and comparing times/loads/etc. scoring it 3, 2, 1 for points according to finish. most points for the month wins.
any non-modified wod beats anyone that is modified at all.

if there is any interest i will do a daily log of these events and the scores/weights that are getting done.

hopefully i will set some pr's in the process. later. J.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:20 PM

J, sounds cool. Are you doing other stuff in addition to the WOD? I know you mentioned you do some LDS cardio in the morning. Any extra 5x5 type stuff?
Old 11-01-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

just got the second edition of starting strength and will be implementing it into my programming after i finish reading it completely and if it doesn't interfere with this:

[/ QUOTE ]
Please let me know how it is. I have the first edition, do you? If so, would it be worth buying if I was going to buy practical programming anyway?
Old 11-02-2007, 07:09 AM

Smiley,

still mixing in some biking/elliptical/stairmaster cardio sessions just because i sort of enjoy them (sick i know, but i like the brain clearing, the sweat, the catching up on tv shows on my ipod, and the escape from reality without totally taxation of the body and mind, not to mention burning a few extra cals is good for a dude like me), going to do some 5x5 stuff too and work on all of my weak crossfit stuff. thinking double unders, hspu, all olympic lifts, improve my ohs, knees to elbows, etc. just learn to move better.

bk,
i borrowed a copy of the first edition and have returned it a long time ago after only sort of skimming it. bad J. i know, so not sure if this one is that much different of not, but i am really enjoying/learning a lot of the finer points of movements i thought i "knew" better than i actually do.

i will start my new log on the 4th, which is when my daily logging/competition starts. should be interesting. one guy will dominate the bodyweight exercises, the other guy is bigger and stronger than me on the lifts, i am a blend of both which will probably result in a lot of second places.

should be fun and motivating. later. J.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:59 AM

I weigh 220 at 8-12% BF. What's the minimum time I would need to gain 15 lbs of solid mass? No supps other than creatine and protein.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:00 AM

Also if I'm not putting up 500# DL's fairly easily by the end of the year, I'm gonna be pissed.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I weigh 220 at 8-12% BF. What's the minimum time I would need to gain 15 lbs of solid mass? No supps other than creatine and protein.

[/ QUOTE ]
Age is a pretty big deal in this equation.