Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 04:57 PM

Default Re: 100NL Combo Line Check

As played, I'd just call turn since you're getting direct odds with all your outs.

But definitely raise flop, and push turn.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:17 PM

I think I underestimated the amount of FE a turn push would have, probably because this villain had shown a propensity to call me very light. you're right though there is very little of his range that I do poorly against. I pushed the turn as an overbet and was snap called by a set of 6s. Obviously there is no way to let his hand go, aside from pf, but I think calling against his range is +ev, so I just wanted to know how you guys usually maximize value against a typical 3bet range there. thanks for the help.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I underestimated the amount of FE a turn push would have, probably because this villain had shown a propensity to call me very light. you're right though there is very little of his range that I do poorly against. I pushed the turn as an overbet and was snap called by a set of 6s. Obviously there is no way to let his hand go, aside from pf, but I think calling against his range is +ev, so I just wanted to know how you guys usually maximize value against a typical 3bet range there. thanks for the help.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the flop raise, because your fine with all the money going in there. If he calls you and checks turn, I'll check behind. The problem with calling flop and raising turn, is you wont like it nearly as much when he rr all in.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:31 PM

RRRRRRAISE that flop man.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the flop raise, because your fine with all the money going in there. If he calls you and checks turn, I'll check behind. The problem with calling flop and raising turn, is you wont like it nearly as much when he rr all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you check this turn where we get an open ended straight draw? I guess there's definitely value in drawing at all those outs for free, but we may have decent FE against some aces on a turn push?
Old 10-14-2007, 04:27 AM

I'm not sure how much picking an open-end draw would affect how I'd play the turn after pot-size raising it on the turn. I might decide to get fancy and check a diamond or a 9 but other than that I'd be looking to pot the turn if checked to, with the exception being an ace. However, given that I just called the flop, I think the fact that I picked up another draw is significant and suggests that I actually just call this time. A runner runner draw is going to look unlikely and will get paid by strong made hands suspicious of me bluffing a busted flush draw on the river.

In other words, I misplayed this hand every opportunity I got. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]