Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 11:56 AM

Default Re: KT gets teh road rage - TR

I don't see why you guys feel bad for letting these people know that they have very dangerous and d-baggy driving habits. They need to know that eventually someone will get hurt, either by them causing an accident or by getting their arse kicked for almost causing one. You guys are my role models!
Old 10-11-2007, 12:02 PM

When I was back in high school, I was driving to one of my friends houses about 20 minutes away to go to a party. I was running pretty late, so I was in a bit of a rush. I was driving on back country roads and came up to a beatup van driving 5 below the speed limit. I flashed my high beams. He didn't pull off to the side or anything, but instead kept driving 5 below. I try again. Nothing. It eventually got the point where I was flashing my high beams with the beat of the music I was playing in the car.

He suddenly pulls over. "Bout [censored] time, a hole." As soon as I pass him, he gets right up on my back bumper and starts flashing his high beams. I speed up, and he follows. It got to the point where I was driving 85 mph trying to lose this nut. He followed me for 15 minutes, constantly flashing his lights, 10 feet from my back bumper.

Finally, I sped up and briefly lost him. I quickly pulled off on a side road and turned my lights off. In my rear view mirror, I saw him drive by slowly, trying to figure out where I went.

Last time I dick around with high beams.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a verbal run-in with a female driver Friday after a near accident on campus.

After my close call, I pulled my car over to the curb and got out.

I then approached the other vehicle and shook my finger at the driver. I warned her to, "Watch it."

"Be careful," I said. "I have your license number, and I will call the police on you."

A male passenger then walked up and chastised me, saying, "That's my wife you're talking to."

I said, "That's your problem."

The woman then snapped back at me, telling me, "I'm going to call the police on you."

I told the woman to go ahead.

She did just that.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/10/1...driver-says-jo/

You're Joe Paterno?
Old 10-11-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sometimes you need to pass on the right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. This is illegal every time, and extremely dangerous.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, what? I'm pretty sure this isn't illegal anywhere in the US. Germany, maybe. Unless you're talking about driving on the shoulder.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's okay to pass someone in the right lane.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If some clueless driver is going 55 (or slower) in the left lane and will not move to the right, I will not hesitate to pass them on the right-hand side.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In MA it is illegal to sit in the left lane (must be passing, basically) but it is legal to pass on the right.

This causes me not to break the law while d-bags in the left lane *are* breaking the law.
Sometimes life is fair.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, what? I'm pretty sure this isn't illegal anywhere in the US. Germany, maybe. Unless you're talking about driving on the shoulder.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand corrected. After searching it seems you can pass on the right on a two-lane or three-lane roadway.

I would like to retract the statement 'Passing on the right is illegal'

and replace it with

'Passing on the right is a dick move.'
Old 10-11-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was heading home after work and entered the beltine (which is sort of like a freeway that circles our city). It was raining, dark, and traffic was moving very slowly. After I merged into traffic I signaled and moved to the left-most lane. As I did that the driver behind me in the left lane unsuccessfully tried speeding up to cut me off so that I couldn't move over.

After I moved over the driver started flashing the brights, honking, and started tailgating. Traffic thinned out, we sped up to about 55 mpg and the driver kept tailgating. I signaled before my exit, moved over, and exited. The driver followed my every move.

I took a country road towards my home and stopped at a convenience store to get some milk. The car pulled behind me and a screaming woman got out. I immediately snapped her pic with my camera phone and then walked to the front of her car and snapped a pic of her license plate. That sent her off the deep end and she kept screaming about how I endangered her and her two babies that she had in the back seat.

I pointed out that if that was her concern I'm surprised she followed a stranger out into the country, in the dark, just to go on a rant. I should point out that she was a real babe, by the way. She eventually left after I went into the store.

End of story is that I ran into her the next morning at our ski club when we were both there to sign our kids up for lessons. I see her all the time now. Not cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are the d-bag in this story. You:
- Cut someone off
- Drove in the left lane at 55 (mph, not mpg like you said...unless you drive a Prius, in which case you are more of a d-bag)
- Didn't get out of the way when someone flashed their lights
- Snapped a pic of the driver (why??) and her license plate (wtf is that gonna get you -- are you gonna call the cops on her??)
- Pissed off a hot chick you see often