Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 10-10-2007, 02:44 PM

Default More tales of silly/stupid LA players (LC)

This is a share my story/just for fun post.

Playing 6/12 at Hollywood Park, I'm seated next to a guy who claims to have been in the 40/80 game "all night" (which itself is odd because it's 8:00 p.m.). Given the number of dealers and staff who say "whatcha doing down here?" I believe him. He had over two racks of $2 chips, but is now down to about 1/2 rack.

He is a total dick, berating players for their bad calls that run down his hand--and he has suffered some tough beats. About the third time this happens, the drawer-outer says "what did I do that was so bad?"

He replies, "I'm not going to walk you through every bad call you made. You suck at poker. I can't possibly explain everything to you."

Now, I wasn't involved in the hand and probably should have shut up, but I interrupted [with obvious sarcasm], "Just let me say that's a real shame. Because I was really hoping to get a street-by-street analysis from you on every hand we play tonight. Because that's my idea of a fun time."

Now, the guy goes bannanas. "None of you know how to play poker! You'll never play top section poker! Never!"

And then comes the best part. He reaches into his chip rack and pulls out an EMPTY $5,000 bankers band (those little paper bands used to tie pre-counted piles of bills), shoves it my face and says "You'll never have money like this!"

I really can't help myself now and say, "I hate to break it to you, but that's not money. That's a piece of paper worth less than a penny. And if you lost $5,000 at 40/80 in one night, you must really suck at poker. And you suck at 6/12 too"

He screams some more and then says "I didn't lose it playing 40/80. I lost it playing blackjack!"

I don't know why, but there's something about baiting know-it-all jerks that's fun.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:01 PM

Default Re: More tales of silly/stupid LA players (LC)

[ QUOTE ]
"I didn't lose it playing 40/80. I lost it playing blackjack!"

[/ QUOTE ]

My favorite part.

Sometimes, I read a LC post, and think, 'Dammit, that guy owes me thirty seconds.'

This was worth every one of my thirty seconds, thanks.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Re: More tales of silly/stupid LA players (LC)

Haha, funny story. You're right, there's something about baiting those know-it-all idiots that is irresistable :P.