Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Pushing Daisies

I just watched it and yes this thread is what piqued my interest. I was kind of apprehensive from the previews b/c of the narration--it sounded like a Tim Burton Desperate Housewives or something. I must say the praise in this thread is right on, it was pretty good and I am not the type to just like something b/c it looks good--the show has to have some substance and not just be visually stimulating which is all I thought it was going to be.

Hopefully it continues to put out ep's like the pilot. The only negative thing I thought when it ended is that I didn't know where they were going to go w/ the whole forbidden love theme...there is only so long they can drag it on--them not being able to touch or show their affection etc. then what?

Overall really good. + [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Anna Friel
Old 10-08-2007, 10:15 AM

thank you for the thread, OP

i love tim burton, coen bros, dark comedy, quirky humor, and wonderfalls, so i'm gonna watch pilot on computer and set dvr for this each week; i love the colorful look of it
Old 10-08-2007, 10:48 AM

Excellent show. Visually felt a lot like Edward Scissorhands in addition to the parallels in the story line. I was almost dissapointed that it was a TV show and not a movie since I fear the following episodes will not be able to continue at the level of the premier.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:25 AM

Great show! Only thing is that almost every time my husband and I like a show it get's canceled before the end of the first season.

Has a really interesting new approach and hope it catches on.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:19 AM

I, too, liked it but a couple things really bothered me:

1) The one minute you have to talk to the undead person is NOT the time for witty banter.

2) The main character (forgot his name at the moment) gets WAY too physically close to the girl he revived. WAY too close. As if they won't touch by accident at some point. Whoops! I slipped! Dead. Ha, ha, you're so funny, here's a pat on the leg. Dead. And when they slammed the monkey statues together, their fingers were like a quarter inch from touching.

3) If he doesn't re-kill someone, do they stay alive for ever? His childhood dog is still with him.

All that aside, I liked the show a lot.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:33 AM

I caught most of the first episode by accident. Very well done, and the narration didn't bother me. The descriptions comparing Tim Burton and HSP are right on. Also seemed more like a movie or miniseries than a full series, so who knows if the writers will be able to keep it up.

Also, when he revives the strawberries, etc. for his pies, do other pieces of fruit elsewhere have to die?
Old 10-09-2007, 02:10 AM

I thought the Narration almost sounded like a Dr. Seuss book. Which I absolutely loved!
Old 10-11-2007, 12:02 AM

Bump for episode 2 tonight. What did everyone think?

I thought it was still awfully good, although a slight letdown from the pilot. The singing break about halfway through was a little strange I felt, but I still thought the episode was really, really good.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the lead girl.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:08 AM

Singing break wouldn't surprise anyone who knows who Kristin Chenowith is. She was a Tony award nominee for her part in Wicked.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:11 AM

I didn't think there was any dropoff from the pilot. Easily the best show of the fall.

And I also [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the lead girl.