Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: FTP Screws me

[ QUOTE ]
Yep. My old account was apparently still active the entire time I used the new one. Maybe they only go by email, or use email address as the first "sort" or something. Dunno.

To recap for those unable to read: I attempted to close my old account and got an email instructing me to remove funds within two days. This I did. I then opened an new account with that which shall not be mentioned and I played happily for a long time. I then cancelled my hotmail account (used when I opened the new FTP account). When I tried to change the email on my new FTP account FTP informed me that my old account with them was still active and that I had two accounts, violating their multiple account policy. Of course they [censored] canned the account with that which shall not be mentioned. Hence, screwage.

Posting this here in case similar situations arise with any of you other than anonymous.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sir, that isn't "screwage," that is FTP's policy. They have done the same thing to countless others who have posted on this forum. You haven't told us anything we didn't already know (at least those of us that are paying attention).

You clearly weren't aware of this, so thank you for attempting to inform us.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:18 PM

uhhhh why not stars.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
uhhhh why not stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

was that like, a question or a statement?
Old 10-03-2007, 06:36 PM

if i open an account under a friends name with his permission can I transfer money back and forth and play under it, getting rakeback? What are the risks associated with doing this?
Old 10-03-2007, 07:41 PM

Sorry this happened to you.

[ QUOTE ]
I made the mistake of trying to change my email address on my account.

[/ QUOTE ]
There is a larger issue here that affects everyone that plays at FTP.

FTP overlooked an obvious duplicate account until you happened to change your email address. This shows that FTP's account security procedures are rubbish. What if you were a known cheat/fraudster making a new account? How about someone playing under multiple accounts? Would they notice even if it was obvious?

Another problem is a responsible poker site should be encouraging its players to practice good security procedures. When an email account is compromised or discontinued you should stop using it and switch to a new one. Instead I'm reading that changing your email at FTP is a dangerous procedure that should be avoided.

It's easy to moralize "Follow the rules and you won't have a problem" but it's not true. When colluders or fraudsters capture improperly secured accounts everyone is at risk of being cheated.

Security is one of the most important attributes of a good poker site and it seems that FTP doesn't measure up.

FTPDoug, would you care to respond?
Old 10-03-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry this happened to you.

[ QUOTE ]
I made the mistake of trying to change my email address on my account.

[/ QUOTE ]
There is a larger issue here that affects everyone that plays at FTP.

FTP overlooked an obvious duplicate account until you happened to change your email address. This shows that FTP's account security procedures are rubbish. What if you were a known cheat/fraudster making a new account? How about someone playing under multiple accounts? Would they notice even if it was obvious?

Another problem is a responsible poker site should be encouraging its players to practice good security procedures. When an email account is compromised or discontinued you should stop using it and switch to a new one. Instead I'm reading that changing your email at FTP is a dangerous procedure that should be avoided.

It's easy to moralize "Follow the rules and you won't have a problem" but it's not true. When colluders or fraudsters capture improperly secured accounts everyone is at risk of being cheated.

Security is one of the most important attributes of a good poker site and it seems that FTP doesn't measure up.

FTPDoug, would you care to respond?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think you can make the assumption that it was a obv duplicate account??? The way I read the OP is he switched his e-mail addy back to the same email address OP used on the first account??? OP also did not give details of how or what info he provided on the second "new" account..I also assume OP would not have used the same info to sigh up for the second account..
Old 10-04-2007, 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if i open an account under a friends name with his permission can I transfer money back and forth and play under it, getting rakeback? What are the risks associated with doing this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Could a friend create a new account and you play on it? Sure. But you can't transfer back and forth. That's where you'll get accounts shut down. When you transfer from one account to another, it needs to be for the purpose of game play and not for withdrawing. If your intent is to withdraw after transfer don't bother. That's laundering and they won't allow it.