Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 06:57 AM

Default Re: $200: TT facing minraise from 8k at 2-4 5 handed with 6k

[ QUOTE ]
How is TT not a big favourite? He MIN RAISED. Whooppee. He probably min raised so that he could get away if we push. TT is going to be a real big favourite when he folds the majority of the time.

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the minraise is junk a lot...occasionally JJ+ but more often garbage/a much worse hand. Shoving pf is fine here. i guess id just fold the flop as played.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:57 AM

Hero's on the button PF, a call's fine because you will have position for the rest of the hand, and unless UTG hits on the flop he's liable to check (due to having to show down with SB all-in, and SB will call his stack with just about all hands here, he's priced in to).

Okay, a shove isn't the worst move either, but I think a call is the better play.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero's on the button PF, a call's fine because you will have position for the rest of the hand, and unless UTG hits on the flop he's liable to check (due to having to show down with SB all-in, and SB will call his stack with just about all hands here, he's priced in to).

Okay, a shove isn't the worst move either, but I think a call is the better play.

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU!!!!
Old 09-28-2007, 08:34 AM

i'm pushing this preflop. that min raise looks a lot like a hand that has some showdown value vs the SB's random hand and/or vs the bb. A8 KJ 77 etc. i would not expect a monster very often and you have a ton of FE.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:18 PM

um, am i the only one who will minraise with a strong hand?? He could easiy be minraising with suited paints and make a donk call and end your tourney life when you're in confortabe cashing position. not to mention one over will end your tourney life 33% of the time.
Why risk going out fifth when he's pretty much a shoe-in to cash??
Old 09-28-2007, 03:22 PM

Consider this:
Hero: M ~ 10
villain: M = 14
Player 1: M = 1
Player 2: M = 3
Player 3 M = ~4
(the blinds are going around again on the 2K stacks which will lower their M's to ~ 2 and 3)
how is a push even possibly correct if is essentially 4 handed, chip stacks @8.5K, 6k, 2.1K and, 2.8K??
Why risk getting donked out to A9s or the like (which will happen 1/3 times.) I think in this situation Call > Fold/Re-raise > Push.
there is absolutely no reason to risk it with 10s (maybe not even jacks) against the chip leader when he is the only one who can bubble him, against the shorter stacks, you clearly beat them to the pot. the only push here should be AA/KK/ possibly AKs depending on how he plays