Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 03:27 AM

Default Re: Boss Media *Warning*

[ QUOTE ]
are there any sites open to u.s. players that use the euro as its currency? it seems to me that it would be very beneficial to people that live in the u.s. to earn money in euros, but to spend american dollars

[/ QUOTE ]No.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
P.S. Nice shilling sibgame

[/ QUOTE ]

We can discuss this topic by means of Cryptologic, iPoker(?), Betfair or other networks which have tables in multiple currency, if that makes you feel better. And I'm absolutely willing to sign your rant about the boss media software. I just find this topic interesting, since tables in non-$ currencies are becoming more and more common.

[ QUOTE ]
Dollar is the currency of online poker, that has been established over time, it is also largely the "world" currency however hard Brussels trys to push their own uber-currency. To try to turn the clock back and re-invent something that wasn't broken is simply bizzare.

[/ QUOTE ]

USD was the currency of online poker because in the past, the majority of the players came from the US. This, as you might know, isn't the case any more. And those poker sites, that don't allow US-PLayers any more, have virtually no customers left, who pay their bills in USD. The majority of the players of many sites now come from the Euro-zone, so the idea of changing the account currencies to Euro isn't that absurd.

I have a Neteller account in $ myself, and while I can transfer funds between $-sites for free, I still have to pay conversion fees when cashing out from my Neteller account - not really the optimal solution for me.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:53 AM

Solution: cap the rake at 2 euros. will boss media like this idea? hell no
Old 10-07-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dollar is the currency of online poker, that has been established over time, it is also largely the "world" currency however hard Brussels trys to push their own uber-currency.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brussels does not have to push their own currency as you put it.
The dollar is self destructing, thanks to a woefully misguided
foreign policy on the part of the current administration in US government.
Since 2002, in just 5 years, the world buying power of most US citizens has
been cut in half.

Why should the rest of the world be tied to a decaying dollar, that is losing
its status as a reserve currency? Why shouldnt Americans pay the foreign
exchange fees when they play on sites whose customer base is primarily
European?
Old 10-08-2007, 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dollar is the currency of online poker, that has been established over time, it is also largely the "world" currency however hard Brussels trys to push their own uber-currency.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brussels does not have to push their own currency as you put it.
The dollar is self destructing, thanks to a woefully misguided
foreign policy on the part of the current administration in US government.
Since 2002, in just 5 years, the world buying power of most US citizens has
been cut in half.

Why should the rest of the world be tied to a decaying dollar, that is losing
its status as a reserve currency? Why shouldnt Americans pay the foreign
exchange fees when they play on sites whose customer base is primarily
European?

[/ QUOTE ]Americans can't play on Boss. No-one is talking about Americans paying extra fees, we're talking about Europeans who play more than just Boss network. TBH I couldn't give a stuff about the Euro tables, if I ever play at Boss again - which is highly unlikely - I will simply sit on the $ tables and not pay the extra rake.

However, as you're trying to justify the move, why do we have to have our accounts in Euros? What possible reason is there to change player's chosen currency on their accounts? Absolutely none! So now, this move which is "better for UK players" [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] means that we have to pay Neteller's exchange rate fees whenever we make a transfer. Utter nonsense.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:25 AM

Just get urself a moneybookers account or so and set it up in EUR.

I really dont get how EU players dont like this. The rake sucks, admittedly, but as I said, for SNG players there is nothing better. I play HUSNGS almost exclusively and this change is the only reason I have even looked at a BM site. Its very likely that I will sign up there in the near future and try it out.

The rake wont change at all. [EDIT: the SITUATION wont change] Even half the 2p2ers in this thread are too stupid to realize that the rake DOES increase. NONE of the fish will realize OR care.

If you dont like it, dont play there.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:09 AM

My Moneybookers is also in USD. The rake is secondary, being forced into using Euros as my account denomination is a bigger issue, and more importantly totally unecessary. However as I've said this three times now, and the point keeps getting ignored, I'm done with the thread. Sorry I brought a warning of this change up.