Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Re: $115 NLTRN TP under fire

[ QUOTE ]
I'm shorter stacked by 60 chips, and the villain still had to voluntarily put money into the pot in his.

What hand range do you put the villain on in the first hand that is ahead of him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's let others weigh in before we continue.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:00 PM

First , if the button had raised, your hand may almost be worth a call .So , since the button limped , you have to figure that your hand is significantly stronger than his . If you may have called his raise , then why not raise oop here ?

I personally would have raised 4x the bb pre-flop . k-7 is a strong enough hand to do this with against a limper .

Bet a little more on the flop and fold on the turn .
Old 09-26-2007, 06:26 PM

Fold the flop.
And i hope your "almost identical" hand xSCWx was a joke, i personally dont see any similarities.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:41 AM

You must have better reads the "Villain hasn't done anything crazy". If not, you're making difficult spots impossible for yourself. How has he approached unraised flops before? Flush draws? You haven't even said if he has been generally aggressive or generally passive, which is enough to change my answer all by itself. This is heads-up - you need detailed reads or you deserve to lose.

I'm not saying it's right, but why has nobody talked about check-raising all in? You have fold equity if he doesn't have the 4 or the flush, and if he has either of those you have plenty of outs.

I'm not saying it's right, but it was my first thought here. The way you've played on the flop and the turn makes you look very weak indeed, so this bet could be a flat-out steal.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was distracted during the first blind level, but generally his bets have been much smaller. He hasn't been overly aggressive but definitely not passive either. He's probably raising top 20% and limping most others.
Agreed, 45 on the flop is better.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-27-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was distracted during the first blind level, but generally his bets have been much smaller. He hasn't been overly aggressive but definitely not passive either. He's probably raising top 20% and limping most others.
Agreed, 45 on the flop is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies, I missed that reply - was grunching.

I would hate to fold - you've got a lot of outs against anything but a made full house, and good implied odds if you either boat up or hit your flush. But it's marginal, and I hate marginal situations this early on.

I can see a case for folding, calling and pushing here. As I say, my gut instinct (insofar as you can have one reading other people's hands) is to push, but if I was called I'd expect to be behind......so maybe....hmmmm, tough one.