Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 12:01 PM

Default $115 NLTRN TP under fire

Villain hasn't done anything crazy.

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t30 (2 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

Button (t1795)
Hero (t1205)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Button calls t15, Hero checks

Flop: (t60) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t30</font>, <font color="red">Button raises to t150</font>, Hero calls t120

Turn: (t360) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">Button bets t360</font>, Hero ...
Old 09-25-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Re: $115 NLTRN TP under fire

What about his previous betsizing? What kind of hands do you reckon he limps with? Is he aggressive / passive?

Youve played one blind level with him already, dont be shy to tell us about him.

=&gt; this is very read dependent for me
Old 09-25-2007, 12:22 PM

DDBEAST,

Im betting 45 on this flop. Your minbet is asking to get [censored] with. I would probably peel off a card like you did, but im gonna toss on this turn to his huge bet if i dont have any reads.

Indy
Old 09-25-2007, 12:26 PM

I was distracted during the first blind level, but generally his bets have been much smaller. He hasn't been overly aggressive but definitely not passive either. He's probably raising top 20% and limping most others.
Agreed, 45 on the flop is better.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:49 PM

After giving this some thought I'd bet 60 then shove to a reraise. Basically every card in the deck is a scare card for you. Overs may outdraw your pair, there is a flush draw, unders can hit a straight or make trips.

However, in a limped pot it seems very unlikely to me that you are behind here. I think making a bigger bet then shoving over a raise is your best option.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After giving this some thought I'd bet 60 then shove to a reraise. Basically every card in the deck is a scare card for you. Overs may outdraw your pair, there is a flush draw, unders can hit a straight or make trips.

However, in a limped pot it seems very unlikely to me that you are behind here. I think making a bigger bet then shoving over a raise is your best option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shoving to a reraise is a huge overbet and makes villain play perfectly. I loathe this.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shoving to a reraise is a huge overbet and makes villain play perfectly. I loathe this.

[/ QUOTE ]

What hand do you think he shows up with here that is ahead of you?
Old 09-25-2007, 02:33 PM

Almost identical hand just now...

PokerStars Game #12263166021: Tournament #62236718, $33.00+$1.50 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level II (15/30) - 2007/09/25 - 14:17:50 (ET)
Table '62236718 1' 2-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: xSCWx (1155 in chips)
Seat 2: VikPl (1845 in chips)

xSCWx: posts small blind 15
VikPl: posts big blind 30

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to xSCWx [8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
xSCWx: raises 60 to 90
VikPl: calls 60

*** FLOP *** [2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
VikPl: bets 210
xSCWx: raises 855 to 1065 and is all-in
VikPl: calls 855
*** TURN *** [2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
*** RIVER *** [2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
VikPl: shows [3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] (two pair, Threes and Deuces)
xSCWx: shows [8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] (two pair, Eights and Deuces)
xSCWx collected 2310 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2310 | Rake 0
Board [2d 3h 8c 9s 2h]
Seat 1: xSCWx (button) (small blind) showed [8s Ks] and won (2310) with two pair, Eights and Deuces
Seat 2: VikPl (big blind) showed [3d Ad] and lost with two pair, Threes and Deuces

Most players wouldn't be stupid enough to call, but you are ahead here 9 times out of 10 if not more than that.

Edit: I thought I bet flop before him, either way it isn't that huge of an overbet.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:20 PM

totally different situation here than the hand that OP is posting. He didnt raise pre, and you are shorter stacked, and the flop positions are different.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:31 PM

I'm shorter stacked by 60 chips, and the villain still had to voluntarily put money into the pot in his.

What hand range do you put the villain on in the first hand that is ahead of him?