Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 08:50 PM

Default Re: My inner calling station lives....

[ QUOTE ]
Ozi, I think this line is fine, but frequently in spots like this, I will raise the flop and check behind the turn for a cheaper SD. If he does have a T, he's gonna attempt to c/r the turn so often that you rarely have to worry about a 3bet on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the goal should be to showdown cheaply. I think the goal is to get to showdown in such a way that villain puts in the most bets when behind and the fewest when he's ahead.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will raise the flop and check behind the turn for a cheaper SD.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? When? Why?

I seriously can't think of a single situation where this line would be good...Lets see some hands
Old 09-21-2007, 10:21 PM

With those stats cold-calling, I put him on a pretty tight range:
77(3), 88(6), 99(6), TT(1), JJ(6), QQ(1), KK(6), AA(6), AT(8), KTs(2), QTs(1)

lose 3+1+6+6+8=24
win 6+6+6=18

You did goot.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:00 AM

gosh raise flop check behind turn seems really bad and unapplicable here
Old 09-22-2007, 12:45 AM

This is not winning poker. You need to see where you stand on the flop. Fire away! You can easily get away from this hand if the heat comes down. Find out on the flop when the bets are cheap. No way I put this guy on a ten...more like checking to see it you have one. Oz, don't let a down swing make your game weak. We all go through it. Stay aggressive!
Old 09-22-2007, 01:01 AM

QueBob, if the guy is going to bet with a weaker hand but fold when I raise him then I make less money than just letting him keep bet unless of course I raise the river and he folds in which case (assuming MHIG)I still only make 2.5bets postflop. If I Think he is calling down with a turn raise when he is toast then I would raise.

fwiw I briefly consided a river raise as I think he pays off with a worse pocket pair here because my line is wtf but the K wasnt a good card for that IMHO because either he spiked one or he can maybe fold because i obv got lucky with AK (lol).

Anyone like a river raise here if not A or K? (or even it it is)

I had a specific read here and I believe I used it well. Sure its not a big sample size but stats at the extreme ends of the spectrum often can be useful over even if sample isnt great. Im a pretty aggressive player but even before posting I was reasonably happy with my line against this particular villian type. I dont think this line is correct that often but it works here.

The ranges the guys put him on are about what I thought too except I doubt he has the high pocket pairs because he 3 balls those preflop.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:15 AM

Your hand is not strong enough to induce a bluff. What does he think you have? He thinks you have AK and is firing away his 99 or bluffing himself with an ace rag. Don't let him catch a card, push him off, push it real good. I think your over analyizing his range in a HU hand here. Play this fast. Induce a bluff with very very strong hands
Old 09-22-2007, 01:25 AM

Bob, I disagree because based on what you just said we want him to keep betting in a small pot where he prob has very few outs and we dont want to put in more if crushed. His high AF says he is very capable of folding but that nets less bets and yes i do think my hand is strong enough play this way.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your hand is not strong enough to induce a bluff. What does he think you have? He thinks you have AK and is firing away his 99 or bluffing himself with an ace rag. Don't let him catch a card, push him off, push it real good. I think your over analyizing his range in a HU hand here. Play this fast. Induce a bluff with very very strong hands

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

You should typically induce bluffs with weak hands. A good % should come when you are WA/WB and that concept certainly applies here. I'm not advocating it but I'm certainly not against a call/call/raise (or call) play on this board.

Inducing a bluff with a strong hand (AT or 77) is a disaster when he has a worse hand that he is willing to goto war with. That can never be the correct play with those hands while it may or may not be with AA.

e: Oops you had QQ but it's a similar concept.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bob, I disagree

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh...Pooh Pooh.