Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 09-17-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Blackwater goes too far

"The Diplomatic Security Service has launched an official investigation, a review that will be supported by the Multi-National Forces-Iraq, State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said."

Diplomatic Security Service = State Department
Multi-National Forces-Iraq = Army

Abu-Ghraib was whitewashed until 60 Minutes did an expose. Plus neither or those incidents involved contractors. I could probably find plenty of nasty crap that Blackwater has done, but I remember one video where a contractor (not necessarily Blackwater, I don't remember) was spraying civilians and laughing about it as he drove down a city street.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I could probably find plenty of nasty crap that Blackwater has done, but I remember one video where a contractor (not necessarily Blackwater, I don't remember) was spraying civilians and laughing about it as he drove down a city street.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if one guy does it they're all guilty of it? C'mon dude, that's as bad as blaming every Iraqi for this:

Old 09-17-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I could probably find plenty of nasty crap that Blackwater has done, but I remember one video where a contractor (not necessarily Blackwater, I don't remember) was spraying civilians and laughing about it as he drove down a city street.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if one guy does it they're all guilty of it? C'mon dude, that's as bad as blaming every Iraqi for this:

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad analogy. It's more like blaming al-Qaeda for that. Nobody is blaming every American for this employee's action, only the company which doesn't take necessary precautions against such employee behavior.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:57 PM

I missed the DSS, but multi national forces != Army. More importantly, Iraq is doing their own investigation.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody is blaming every American for this employee's action

[/ QUOTE ]

Hang tight, MidGe probably hasn't seen the thread yet.

Al-Qaida didn't string up those bodies and dance around in the streets, regular Iraqi people did.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's no way a bunch of insurgents spraying bullets at a convoy would ever hit innocent civilians. /sarcasm

[/ QUOTE ]

what does this have to do with anything?
Old 09-17-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's no way a bunch of insurgents spraying bullets at a convoy would ever hit innocent civilians. /sarcasm

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a serious question or do you think that the insurgents who chose to initiate an ambush of a convoy in an area full of civilians would be using magic bullets that can only hit the members of the convoy? Am I being leveled?
Old 09-17-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a serious question or do you think that the insurgents who chose to initiate an ambush of a convoy in an area full of civilians would be using magic bullets that can only hit the members of the convoy? Am I being leveled?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, of course the insurgents are gonna spray all over the place. what does this have to do with this incident?
Old 09-17-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no, of course the insurgents are gonna spray all over the place. what does this have to do with this incident?

[/ QUOTE ]

How many of the dead and wounded civilians were shot with bullets from the insurgents' weapons? Did you automatically assume the answer is zero and that all of the dead and wounded civilians are a result of the Blackwater response to the ambush?
Old 09-17-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many of the dead and wounded civilians were shot with bullets from the insurgents' weapons? Did you automatically assume the answer is zero and that all of the dead and wounded civilians are a result of the Blackwater response to the ambush?

[/ QUOTE ]

How many of the dead and wounded civilians were shot with bullets from the insurgents' weapons? Did you automatically assume the answer is eight and that none of the dead and wounded civilians are a result of the Blackwater response to the ambush?