Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Official August Sales Numbers (360 surges, PS3 plummets, Wii remai

Wii finally showing some kinks in its armor. OG Xbox Madden outsells Wii Madden and PS3 Madden sells 3x as much as Wii Madden. Add that to the ever declining attachment rate and you have some cracks starting to show. I suppose if they keep selling consoles they will be happy, but people sure arent buying alot of Wii games.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wii finally showing some kinks in its armor. OG Xbox Madden outsells Wii Madden and PS3 Madden sells 3x as much as Wii Madden. Add that to the ever declining attachment rate and you have some cracks starting to show. I suppose if they keep selling consoles they will be happy, but people sure arent buying alot of Wii games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure how this shows cracks (not to mention that the lack of games was/is really the biggest crack). The Wii audience doesn't align with the Madden audience as well as the other two consoles. I think the console wars will probably have clearer winners and losers after this winter.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:43 PM

I think it helps show that most Wii owners are not the people who will buy 6 games a year. They will keep playing Wii Sports til the end of time and only buy select titles.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:49 AM

I have a Wii and debated for a couple weeks whether to buy Madden for it or not. My holdup was having to re-learn the controls from scratch. I believe that familiarity is probably a big reason for the shortfall.

I ended up getting it. If I knew then what I know now, I just would have bought the PS2 version.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:10 PM

WTF, I have a SDTV and have been using my 360 on it since launch night and I've never noticed text problems... Sometimes the text is really small but I've never had a problem with reading it.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:53 PM

Try playing Dead Rising. The text is unreadable.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it helps show that most Wii owners are not the people who will buy 6 games a year. They will keep playing Wii Sports til the end of time and only buy select titles.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's me!

I've got Wii Sports, RE:4, and MP3, and I plan on getting Smash Bros and Mario Galaxy, but don't plan on buying anything else currently.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is pretty interesting that the Wii, in spite of now holding the #1 console slot, is not moving that many games.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of the Wii's current library is generally unimpressive. You have a ton of games that are horrible that are cashing in off the whole motion control thing by just smattering mini-games together. The Wii right now just doesn't have a lot of good games to offer, but it is finally getting better with Metroid, Smash Bros., and Mario all there by Christmas.

PS3: Wow...just wow. And an upcoming holiday season where nothing really sticks out as must have for it. Xbox has the most anticipated videogame in history coming, and Nintendo has three of its biggest franchises receiving updates. Sony appears doomed.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is pretty interesting that the Wii, in spite of now holding the #1 console slot, is not moving that many games. I guess a lot of people [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] tennis and stick w/ that, or else the novelty is wearing off on some people.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean the Wii is not moving many games? Only Bioshock beat it! I mean Madden doesn't count as it automatically goes to #1 when it comes out.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How does the 360 look on SDTV btw? Better than xbox or ps2?

[/ QUOTE ]

From personal experience, I would have to say there's no comparison. Even on an SDTV, 360 graphics look WAY better. It's immediately obvious when you glance at the screen whether a game is running on the 360 or Xbox/PS2. Although...I don't really play sports games, so if you're into those, YMMV. I'm talking about 1st person games and racing games.