Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: 10/25 HU vs CrYinG on UB

call and check call the river, it's trips hu, he can have a worse ace, you can make your hand look like 99, he can turn pr+sd into a bluff to get rid of TT/99 on the river, your hand is near the top of your range, you have three of a kind, it's hu, you have trips, hu, three of a kind, heads up with three of the same card, a chance to make top boat on the end, i would put da monies in da pawt
Old 09-11-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also i dont think betting out in this spot is bad at all given my read on the opponent up to that point. i figured he'd just call down with a 5 or better like he had been doing so far in the match.

[/ QUOTE ]

what makes you think he would even bet the flop without air or an ace or better? i've played a lot of guys like this, and they check back the flop pretty often with a 5 or even something like JJ
Old 09-11-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
imo, when a passive player minraises and then goes on to give big action on a pretty dry board....hes got it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, but we don't know that we're dealing with a passive player. We're 30 hands into a match vs. a known regular; it means next to nothing that he's played passively so far. The 77 hand was played pretty well, btw. I shove this one, because I'm not folding this HU ever and I don't think he's liable to make a mistake if we flat-call his raise.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:27 PM

is preflop a minraise or a raise to 75, im not familiar with ub's hand history.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call and check call the river, it's trips hu

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-11-2007, 06:00 PM

If we aren't folding no matter what, I don't get why we would just call turn raise and let him check behind on river with missed draws and worse aces. I seriously doubt he is going to bluff the river.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
king of drafts=best poster atm?

I agree w/his posts, and I think shove is marginally better than a call

[/ QUOTE ]

100% Yes!

~stephen
Old 09-11-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i didnt get this name easily

edit: I think not folding AJ to a push there is pretty bad as villain, for instance. but in any case, saying 'A or B' doesn't preclude doing A 95% and B 5%.

[/ QUOTE ]

so just to be clear, some percentage of the time greater than 0%, you would "bluff push"
Old 09-11-2007, 08:28 PM

if you guys dont like betting turn, what do you do instead? c/c doesnt get enough $ in the pot since we have a big hand, c/r not necessarily good given our read that hes passive up to this point.

fwiw i wasnt bet-folding the turn. in this spot i would OBV typcially do something to get $ in the pot. i just had a really bad feeling i was beat and along with the info i had up to this point it led me to change my plan and fold.

also cero you're definitely right but i usually feel like i get a read of someone pretty fast and he was very passive in early play. i almost think he did it on purpose because later in the match he really caught me off guard by turning psycho UB-style lag, although maybe he just became tilted.

k_o_d, i prefer calling and c/c'ing river because a) i dont think he calls ai with draws on the turn b) i think he bluffs them c) i think he bets all worse aces (and other worse-hand-value bets) on the river when c'd to d) i think he bets all bluffs on the river when checked to (if hes bluff raising turn)
Old 09-11-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If we aren't folding no matter what, I don't get why we would just call turn raise and let him check behind on river with missed draws and worse aces. I seriously doubt he is going to bluff the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also doubt that he will bluff the river, but if we call and check the river he may definately value bet a worse hand. I also think that rarely he may bluff on a blank river when he reads our line as a draw(if we call the turn).

Shoving the turn seems to let him play perfectly. And is he really going to check behind here with worse aces? I can't see that happenning once we take this line.

You called his minraise and did not 3-bet, you called a half pot bet on the flop. Your hand is so underrepped here it's nuts. If I were the villain here I would think that you are far more likely to have 46h(or something similar) than an ace here. I actually now think that he may bluff the river far more often than I originally thought.