Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 03:51 AM

Default Re: *** Official 2007 Rugby World Cup

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
God after getting into NFL I realise what a [censored] boring sport Rugby is.

Edit : Union, incase Yeti gets pissed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This game was a horrible example of what rugby has to offer. Judging rugby based on this game would be like judging the NFL based on the Baltimore-New York Super Bowl a couple of years ago. England this year has had a way of making every game they're involved in incredibly boring. Thank god they lost, their back movement was just embarrassing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I almost fell asleep during Matthew Tait's 50m linebreak. Whereas the fabulous SA backline entertained all night running around after those high kicks.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:14 AM

Been away for awhile because I was busy. Happy SA won cause they were without a doubt the best side. I'm still though just amazed that in a "team sport" such as rugby that one individual, J Wilks can have such an effect. Everything just changes when he is on the field. The other teams defense changes, pack and scrum play are completely different. He may not have played the best game but honestly his presence on the field has been the difference for England in this WC and was the difference between yesterday's result and the one they had in group stage against SA. I'm pleased with this WC overall. I loved how the Pumas performed. I really hope that they are evidence enough of how countries can develop. It was not long ago that they were "minnows" and now they just won the bronze. I hope that is enough to keep the IRB from reducing the number of teams in the WC final.

In this thread there have been a number of people that have chimed in saying they were ruggers or former ruggers. Just curious, how many ruggers do we have on the boards here? Do we have enough to field a side?
Old 10-21-2007, 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This game was a horrible example of what rugby has to offer. Judging rugby based on this game would be like judging the NFL based on the Baltimore-New York Super Bowl a couple of years ago. England this year has had a way of making every game they're involved in incredibly boring. Thank god they lost, their back movement was just embarrassing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I almost fell asleep during Matthew Tait's 50m linebreak. Whereas the fabulous SA backline entertained all night running around after those high kicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah England were thrilling throughout the tournament. South Africa relied mostly on a spoiling kicking game.

Wait.

Way to go with your lopsided bias.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah England were thrilling throughout the tournament. South Africa relied mostly on a spoiling kicking game.

Wait.

Way to go with your lopsided bias.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm responding to an over-used stereotypical generalisation about England and that makes me biased?
Old 10-21-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes I almost fell asleep during Matthew Tait's 50m linebreak.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you seriously using the ONE break in the whole game as the backbone to your argument? heh
Old 10-21-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you seriously using the ONE break in the whole game as the backbone to your argument? heh

[/ QUOTE ]

No because I'm not arguing anything. I just get bored of people who come out with the same old rubbish about England time and again.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No because I'm not arguing anything. I just get bored of people who come out with the same old rubbish about England time and again.

[/ QUOTE ]

What rubbish? England scored a grand total of 1 try in the knockout stages, and that was off of a kick. Their entire game consists of kicking and praying.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:25 PM

Horrible end to this world cup atleast the pumas got up which was good, I hope they get a team in the super 14s.