Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help

Old 08-14-2007, 11:23 AM

Default What program language does AHK use???

I just found AutoHotKey and it has revolutionized not just my poker, but everything related to my computer. I am good with computers but know nothing about programming of any sort. I would like to learn to make AHK scripts for my specific needs. What programming language do I need to learn and what else would I need to know to start making AHK scripts???
Old 08-14-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Re: What program language does AHK use???

AutoHotKey uses its own language, which, as far as I know they have not named. If you want to create your own scripts, I would suggest that you read through the help files and play around with it. Start with simple scripts, and once you grasp the basic concepts, you can move to more complex stuff. Once you grasp the basic concepts of programming, learning a new language is pretty easy.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:05 PM

I'd say the AutoHotkey is the name of the language, but it's not a real big issue.

To get started, read thru the help files, they are very well written. Also check out the AutoHotkey forum. There are lots of active users that do very good work with AutoHotkey (Scripts & Funtions) and will help out when you use ask a question (Ask For Help).

edit: fixed link. -Sam
Old 08-14-2007, 02:26 PM

Check the forum that Irish linked, and read through the documentation on the AHK site. The really best way to pick-up AHK is to have a few easy projects you want accomplished, and try to get 'em done. You'll end-up spending WAY more time looking-up and learning the language than the time the project will actually save you, but that time is well spent. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Eventually you'll be able to fail-and-spend-too-much-time-on harder and harder projects, and the easy ones will actually be ... easy.
-Sam
Old 08-15-2007, 03:30 PM

Cool, thanks everybody!!