Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 03:21 AM

Default Re: **Official Madden 08 Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
anybody think this will be sold out tommorow at my local gamestop/bestbuy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your local Walmart/Target/Best Buy/Circuit City/etc will have hundreds of copies.

Gamestop/EB/etc will have fewer copies, since they like to order smaller numbers so that they can claim it is "sold out" in hopes that you'll preorder it with them next time. They'll conveniently ignore the fact that every Walmart/Target/Best Buy/Circuit City/etc will have hundreds of copies.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:38 AM

can you fantasy raft this year?
Old 08-14-2007, 07:38 AM

360 version is money.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can you fantasy raft this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah - and its got quite a lot of hall of famers apparently
Old 08-14-2007, 10:14 AM

They dumbed down the graphics on the 360 but they make it look a lot better than the 2007 version. It looks more like the older versions but it's a million times better. The frame rate is rediculously good in comparison to 2007. I haven't seen it go to crap like it did all the time in 2008. Fantasy draft is available. Defensively it's much tougher than previous versions although I played only 3 quarters, I believe there were 6 or 7 turnovers on All-Pro settings. I guess I'll need to get re-adjusted, but I'm really happy with this version, it's what should have been released in the 2006 original version, the first two are pretty much crap in comparison to this one.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:29 AM

Anyone gotten it for the Wii yet? I'm picking mine up tonight.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:35 AM

I haven't picked it up yet, but looking at a few overalls on the web -

if ted ginn could catch he would be too good. I'm 100% drafting him for special teams and slot wr.

jamarcus russel is absurd for a rookie QB. Brady Quinn is terrible.

Apparently reggie bush goes in the 1st round of the fantasy draft? (brother told me)

That's one thing i didn't like about the game last year. The fantasy draft AI made it WAYY too easy to have the best defense in the league. As long as you could make it with a subpar QB you would dominate. Guys like Addai made it possible to draft halfbacks late and John Alston who was a 70soemthing linebacker was a 95 DE.

And now with SO many fast TEs in the league, running the ball is a joke.

Argh madden.

I'm excited for Troy Smith and the 1st season with him where he won't put the ball ANYWHERE near where i tell him to. Mwahahaha.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:19 AM

So i played the first game on easy, i figured try it out as i havent really gotten into Madden in a while. I crush Oakland 125-0. Ok, so maybe easy is'nt for me. So i move up to pro against Cleveland and i'm in the middle of the first quarter down 21-0 already. Every pass i throw is now deflected in some way, and every time i run someone is there right away. Is it supposed to be this drastic between levels?
Old 08-14-2007, 11:31 AM

Yes easy is a joke. You only have to call Cover 2 or Cover 3 and you will get several picks a game. You don't have to set the QBs feet.

When you get to All Madden you have to step into your throws and stuff.

But winning 125 - 0 is not fun.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:37 AM

Got it at midnight, and I'm not really impressed. It's the same thing it's been for three straight years now. I play nothing but Franchise Mode, and it hasn't changed a bit (the updated rosters are nice, but that's it). Player trades are still horribly overpriced, and they still haven't updated pick trading to line up with the pick value chart (someone just dealt the 1-8 and 3-8 for the 1-1, but I can barely move up to the 1-23 when I package the 1-25, 3-25, and 5-25 together).

Other FM problems: corners are still super easy to grow from sixth round picks to 99's in like three seasons...every [censored] offensive lineman, defensive lineman, and cornerback is rated between 80 and 95...they still force you to go dollar-by-dollar when upping your offer to a free agent (seriously, it takes me five minutes to make a good offer because I have to move the thing $4 million to the right)...free agents still want ridiculous salaries, even during the season when they have no job...MLB's make a lot of money, but OLB's make very little...safeties are ridiculously underpaid, and DT's are ridiculously overpaid...UFA's get paid more than 6th and 7th round draft picks...it is almost impossible to grow a second day QB into a starter...the list goes on and on.

This might be my last year of buying the new game.

(Also, I'm terrible on defense, and I can still beat the [censored] out of the computer on everything but All-Madden. That's really the only challenging level, IMO, if you actually have a football mind and aren't just picking random plays.)