Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 08-05-2007, 07:21 PM

Default 2/4 FR, Betting AKo UI in 3players, Playing TPBK passiv glad to reads

I'd be glad to hear your valueable advice in 2 hands, played on 2/4 FR on stars.

1) None of these villains were known to me, for at least they are no 2/4 regulars.

PokerStars 2.00/4.00 Limit Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font> HandRecorder v0.9b

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, SB calls, BB folds\.

Flop: (9 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#FF0000">CO raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#FF0000">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

River: (10.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO checks\.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB.

Here, my main interest is the betting-out on the flop with UI AK facing a family pot OOP. When I played, I thought, that not so many hands will connect (hard) with this flop, so I even still might have the best hand or the best draw and I didn't want everybody to know, I have unimproved overcards.
When I stoved against a &gt;30% range villains might have (might be reasonable), I found I have a slighte equity disadvantage.
However, my main wondering is: Is there any point betting out unimproved AK on those dry flops?

2) Allthough not many hands, I noted that BU liked also to limp with good Ax and played them passive when faced with bets and especially raises (I've seen him calling down Top2)

PokerStars 2.00/4.00 Limit Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font> HandRecorder v0.9b

Stats
BU (50/0/0.47/57) (28h)
MP3 (17/5/2.75/20) (143h)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, BU calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero checks\.

Flop: (3.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#FF0000">BU bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 folds\.

Turn: (2.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BU checks\.

River: (2.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, BU calls.

Final Pot: 4.75 BB.

Here I tried to find a line between potcontrol and valuebetting.
Given the 2 player types (aggressive MP, loose-passive BU), I decided that it might be worth to play that hand different from textbook. I first wanted to see who bets and then to decide how to react.
As the passive player bet on an Ace-Flop, I didn't want to blow the pot, so I only called and checked the turn.
River of course was betting for value.
Is this just fancy play or is there any point in making these plays?
Old 08-05-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: 2/4 FR, Betting AKo UI in 3players, Playing TPBK passiv glad to reads

first hand the turn call is a spew. i think i am gettin rid of it after he bets out on the turn.

second hand i would raise the flop to limit action. obviously MP folds n e way but we didnt know this would happen i think a raise is the best play
Old 08-05-2007, 08:03 PM

Default Re: 2/4 FR, Betting AKo UI in 3players, Playing TPBK passiv glad to reads

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't want everybody to know I have unimproved overcards. .... my main wondering is: Is there any point betting out unimproved AK on those dry flops?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are going to bet into a field (3+) with unimproved overs,then a dry flop is the kind to do it on. Of course they will put you on unimproved overs anyway, so not letting them know isn't that critical.

When you are raised here on a flop with no real draws, you are either up against a pair or a player willing to test your hand.

Fold the turn, unless you plan on calling the river unimproved multiway for some reason.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Re: 2/4 FR, Betting AKo UI in 3players, Playing TPBK passiv glad to re

Thanks for the answers, I guess, you pointed a big leak from me, as I used to call often with just OCs on the turn.