Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: 100NL live: AA in SB

Unless you're playing grossly above your roll or something here, I can't understand being risk averse in this spot. Making an 80ish raise will give you such a low SPR on the flop that there's almost no way getting it all in at any point in this hand can be a mistake, and we know that getting money in right now is ++EV for us, too. I can't understand taking $40 90%-95% of the time and the other 5-10% of the time you're a 5:1 favorite to get his stack instead of being 80%ish to win his whole stack, scaled by whatever percent of the time he calls you preflop and postflop, which is a lot more than 5-10%. The difference in EV is so huge that you have to be willing to take the variance here.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:08 PM

like Wookie said.

sounds like you are overestimating how often he will outflop you. you were handed a near-perfect situation where it's 18bb in before it gets to you.

all-in isn't as bad as it sounds - if he's drunk he might call.

since he wasn't that drunk make it $100 to go. then checkraise him all-in if he likes to bluff, and bet the flop if he doesn't. you might bet just $100. let him draw, just get his chips in. after putting in $100 preflop he'll wonder wtf you are up to and may push. if not there's just $200 left.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
like Wookie said.

sounds like you are overestimating how often he will outflop you. you were handed a near-perfect situation where it's 18bb in before it gets to you.

all-in isn't as bad as it sounds - if he's drunk he might call.

since he wasn't that drunk make it $100 to go. then checkraise him all-in if he likes to bluff, and bet the flop if he doesn't. you might bet just $100. let him draw, just get his chips in. after putting in $100 preflop he'll wonder wtf you are up to and may push. if not there's just $200 left.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only used 25 words. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sounds like you are overestimating how often he will outflop you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is likely the main problem in the hand. I couldn't help but feel this way seeing this guy make the nuts hand after hand.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sounds like you are overestimating how often he will outflop you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is likely the main problem in the hand. I couldn't help but feel this way seeing this guy make the nuts hand after hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, Tilt. You are such an insidious opponent. We recognize you when you make us spewmonkies, but usually only when it's too late. When you wear the guise of risk aversion, we look right over you.