Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 05:41 PM

Default 50NL FTP....its been a while

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $51.85
BB: $30.55
UTG: $50.60
MP: $105.45
CO: $57.05
EMc (BTN): $49.00

Preflop: EMc is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, CO calls $0.50, <font color="red">EMc raises to $2.00</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1.50, CO calls $1.50

Flop: ($6.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">CO bets $6.25</font>,

EMC does what?

Reads: Villian is like 16/5/2 over a small ass sample. Note my PFR size is small, twas an accident
Old 07-31-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: 50NL FTP....its been a while

i'd call and re eval
Old 07-31-2007, 05:46 PM

Raises to 18, folds to a shove from BB and gets allin with CO.

- If BB cold-calls, I shut down to any non-spade turn.
- If BB folds and CO calls the raise, I shove any non-spade turn.

Kinda backwards, but I think it makes sense in my head. Although in the actual game I probably shove any turn vs CO.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:47 PM

call. position, multiway, pick up draw on turn/A on turn, smallish pot, scary flop, nitty opponent, BB still gets to act.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:53 PM

This definitely screams big hand to me. Could be JT or an overpair, possibly also AJ or KsQs. I don't think a naked flush draw would bet quite that big. AK or something is also unlikely.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:57 PM

CO limps a lot of hands, it's not necessarily 22, and it doesn't have to be JT. It's definitely not an overpair, and it's not TT/JJ. There are a bunch of connectors and we're beating all but 89s and KQs (even money or 47/53 or something I think)..

I don't like flatting here because there are a lot of turn cards that we don't like. Raising here also makes it tougher for BB to tag along (sure we might want him to but I'd rather see this turn HU than 3-way).. I just don't see how flatting here is good. We're most likely ahead, but vulnerable.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:02 PM

i agree with thac. you need to define your hand here. if CO shoves, you have to call because there are just so many draws out there. if BB shoves, you still have to call because he has so little left. you basically have to go all the way with this hand.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:06 PM

I would have raised to 2.50 but thats not really important. Villians range is enormous. I dont think he could open limp / call a iso raise w/ JJ or TT so im gonna eliminate that from his range. You have the A of spades so Axs spades is out. I put him on any J , like J8+ , KQ, Q9, 89, or 22.

against this range you have alot of equity, from all of the possibly top pair/open enders. You are beat by JT but you have outs on him and your really only super smoked by 22, I would reraise here to about between $16-$25 and call a shove. If he would have raised pf and called ur 3 bet then check raised u it would be a very different situation. The limp pf/donk bet makes me think you are ahead right now.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:08 PM

Folding in this spot is poor given the fd/sd/pairs that make up CO's range. You are definitely ahead of a large part of his range.

Raising is just as bad because it folds out all of the hands you can extract value from.

Calling with the intent of re-evaluating the turn is the best line to take here.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:09 PM

Yes, he limps lots of hands but once he bets full pot into two people before the pre-flop raiser has acted I give him some credit. Of course we have a good hand, also. Just don't expect him to have air or a weak draw all that often.