Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Official Limit-->NL Forum No Content Thread!

This just in: $10NL most likely beatable.

Old 07-31-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw i am pretty good at limit but im so godawful at nl it makes baby jesus cry [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto
Old 07-31-2007, 04:56 PM

2/4&3/6 6max => NL50 6max

googog

I'm at 7.5PTBB/100 for my first 15k hands, clearly sustainable

My limited impression suggests that you actually have to fold top pair or better sometimes, but once you learn that outplaying the weaktighties isn't exactly hard.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:06 PM

I started out my bankroll at limit micros from $30 to $1200 all thanks to MrWookie, bennyhana, milesdyson, Buzz, bozlax, and all the other regular's input. I withdrew most of my roll and started back at NL in March after taking a 6 month break from poker. MrWookie, what stakes are you playing now in NL?
Old 07-31-2007, 05:40 PM

I haven't played NL seriously in a while, actually. Back before the Fristing, I was playing 100 NL and dabbling in 200 NL. From October to March, though, my poker playing, all of it, dropped off considerably due to real life and lowered enthusiasm to play due to the uncertainty of ever being able to get my winning off. In March, I got back into things. I played a little 100 NL, and in my first 1k hands or so, I made a few obvious and costly mistakes. At that point, I decided I'd stick with limit while I got back into poker. I never was all that good at NL, so I figured I'd stick with what I knew best while I rebuilt my roll and such. Now I'm back to feeling more comfortable w/ poker in general, and armed with PNL, I'm more confident about my NL play and understanding. I'll be starting out in 100 NL, but I'll be looking to move up to 200 NL when, say, I go up 20 buyins or play 5k hands, which ever comes 2nd.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:46 PM

least favorite hand so far in NL, not perfect perfect but up there. 2nd day on stars first pot of the day I get my stack in...

hero raises 77 utg in six max, villain calls in bb

flop 743
villain cks, hero bets 7 into 8ish, villain calls

turn 2
villain min cr's a pot bet, hero shoves, villain calls

hero says "please dont have 65... pair the board"

river 2
hero says " please dont have 22"

villain flips up 22 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I hate not seeing the other players cards in NL til after the river.

aside from that; middle set vs top set on non straightening non mono boards esp when villain doesnt 3bet QQ+ pre and the flop is Q73 K73 A73 and u have 77 blehhh never see that comin, KK vs AA sucks cuz u always know they have it when its for full stacks and theyre not an idiot, 2 card K hi flush vs A hi flush on non paired board just happened to me like an hour ago... all these coolers suck but they all even out supposedly but...

gettin all the money in when they have 1 out and spike it after u were a 95%+ favorite off the flop is just lame.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:51 PM

Fillmaff'd
Old 07-31-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate not seeing the other players cards in NL til after the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but it might be for our own good. I find being less able to root for certain cards to come helps to not get tilted/not care about the results.

There's a difference between 'PAIR THE BOARD PAIR THE BOARD I NEED IT HE HAS 65' and 'wow, this is boring because i can't see his cards i'm not going to waste like 7 seconds waiting for the turn/river/sd animations ... oh hey action on another table ... oh wait i have to refill guess i lost the allin ... ah well'

The second is my thought process (well, most of the time [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]), the first is what I think my thought process will be when they turn over the cards when allin.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:23 PM

Hey guys

I'm not sure if my thread in mhsh was the impetus for starting this forum, but I am winning at limit again and found a site that actually has games!

Should I still think about learning NL? Where should I start? What limits should I play? Is stars a decent place to play? I am pretty risk averse, especially in a game where I don't know that I am a favorite.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:39 PM

Where was this forum a year ago!?

I played Limit from Feb. 2005-mid-2006 up to 3/6 and 5/10 -- neighborhood of 60k hands. Then I switched over to NL and haven't gone back. I did pretty well at NL50, 100 and 200 but I'm getting worked over at NL400 (over a small 4k sample, but still).

Anyway, I'll probably make this my new strat forum home for a while, so see you around...