Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Smallville - anyone watch this and care to review?

I had passed on Buffy until season 6 when I finally picked up the show. It was great. I was able to watch 7 seasons of this fantastic series back to back. I did the same with Angel and was again able to enjoy all of the seasons consecutively.

It was a month or so ago that I realized Smallville had been on for seven seasons. It was a show I always had some interest in but never got around to watching. I just wrapped up season 2 and things are largely meh. It certainly isn't terrible and the potential is there for it to be very good but I'm not sure if it is currently good enough to invest another 4 seasons of my time.

Without any spoilers can anyone tell me if this show picks up in the next season or two or does it largely keep its monster of the week format? Is it worth hanging around for any reason other than the "LDO Kristen Kreuk is smoking hot" factor?

Old 07-24-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Smallville - anyone watch this and care to review?

i'm not 100% but i believe it got worse
Old 07-24-2007, 01:59 PM

I classify it as one of those bad shows you just fall in love with. I think it's worth watching another season, if you don't like it after that give it up.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:00 PM

7 SEASONS? wow time flies. everytime i see smallville in tv listings i think i just assume its a rerun.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:03 PM

It picks up, but I stopped watching after s4.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I classify it as one of those bad shows you just fall in love with. I think it's worth watching another season, if you don't like it after that give it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's the problem. After the first few episodes of season 1 I was disappointed but I decided to give it two more episodes to see if it improved. Two seasons later...

Now I'm telling myself that I'll start season three just to see how the cliffhanger wraps up... yeah, right [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2007, 02:09 PM

All the seasons were pretty good until this last one, it has completely different feel now for some reason. One of the few shows that I try and catch every week other then 24, although after poor showings from both shows, I might be giving up on them sometime soon.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All the seasons were pretty good until this last one, it has completely different feel now for some reason. One of the few shows that I try and catch every week other then 24, although after poor showings from both shows, I might be giving up on them sometime soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely gave up on last season's 24 around the midpoint. It completely fell of the tracks for me the moment it was revealed that Graham was his brother and never recovered. I still have no idea what happened after episode 10. That being said it was one bad (horrible) season out of 6 so I will definitely give it another shot next year. It was awful though to watch one of my favourite shows implode like that.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:41 PM

i still watch smallville & am still captivated (esp. in light of the kristin kreuk factor). the guest stars that they had in the recent seasons have been interesting. not to mention the introduction of lois lane's boobs.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:50 PM

Lois Lane's fake boobs (Erica Durance boob job ftw)

Smallville is my favorite tv show. Though I can still be objective and say that its definitely worth watching the seasons you havent as of yet. This last season, season 7, I think was the weakest in ratings and a few of their "filler" shows were kind of weak.

However, a few parts of the season were pretty cool.

My advice: Follow through on Smallville FTW

P.S. you can PM me about Smallville anytime if u want.