Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 06:07 PM

Default LOTR: Online

Anyone else pick this up yet? Picked up the game yesterday and logged on with a friend. Played most of the night and was a lvl 10 Hobbit Hunter by the time I went to bed.

World of Warcraft was the first (and only) MMORPG that I've ever played. LOTR is almost identical to WoW in many respects. I'm not sure if style of play is this similar with all MMORPGs or if LOTR: Online basically took WoW's structure, changed a few terms, and repackaged it as their own.

With that being said the game is a lot of fun. By level 35 I was getting bored with the grind of Warcraft and told myself that I would play until I got my mount and then quit. I only made it to level 38 and decided I'd had enough. LOTR may eventually suffer the same fate but so far so good - there are TONS of quests. Your quest log can hold 40 and I'm usually running somewhere between 20-30. The are basically in the same vein as WOW - gather 10 of these, kill 6 of those, etc...

One thing LOTR has going for it is an ongoing story. I thought this would work against the game but it keeps me interested. I'm a little early in the game to offer much more but I'm enjoying myself thus far. Anyone playing or considering picking it up?
Old 07-05-2007, 06:52 PM

Default Re: LOTR: Online

I got it maybe 6 weeks ago. I'm continually impressed by the quality of the game. The quests (especially some of the instanced ones) are a blast and if you are a LOTR fan the game really comes through.

GF and I play maybe 2-3 times a week and it's been very fun so far. The only complaint I have is that some of the advanced slayer quests can be kind of annoying, but all things considered it's relatively minor.

The ongoing story is great IMO, keeps everything going and you never feel like you're grinding.

Really happy with it so far.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:18 AM

My girlfriend plays it. 31 hobbit guardian. She likes it very much.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:39 PM

Hey Im playing, level 16 dwarf champion at the moment. I'm slightly hitting the wall as far as boredom, if anyone wants to chat PM me.